Drum & Bass track in the works

Started by RSCONCEPTIONS©, August 30, 2009, 10:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Hey guys PLEASE let me know what you think of my first attempt at a Chilled Drum & Bass track. This is not finished and needs work but I would like some mid-production feedback :D

Thanks guys

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Thanks for the awesome feedback dude :D

Can I ask what you mean by two things you said:
1) Contrast
2) It's all incredibly smooth

I'd be greatful if you could elaborate on those points :)

Thanks again :)

Computer game menu music. Interesting concept, I like it :D

RSCONCEPTIONS©

I do know what you mean and I agree with you on everything. Contrast is always good, and I do welcome all feedback so I want to listen to what you guys say :D

I will definately think about the harsh-smooth contrast idea. Cheers dude :D

JCW

Nice opening, pretty chilled out. I'd agree with JohnP, maybe a menu in a game or some kind of credits/title screen (Gran Turismo had a pretty cool Jungle track on the License screen) but it was awesome, about the harsh/smooth thing, I'm 50/50 on that, I do blend smooth and harsh sometimes. What I would say is add in some hard sub drops. If you're using FL Studio: 3xOsc, turn the volume knob on Osc 3 all the way down, and the CRS knob on Osc 1 and 2 down, then set the key to C4. This is a very clean sub bass which I use in pretty much everything, for a 'drop', just use the pitch feature in the piano roll (C5 down to C4 is pretty good, for 1 bar) Just play around but this was very good, I enjoyed it a lot, and of course this is just my opinion, the sub drops etc are just part of the 'JCW sound', your music sounds great as it is. What was your inspiration?

RSCONCEPTIONS©

I do not yet actually have a bassline in the track, I was trying to see if the track could manage it without one. But I like this sub-drop suggestion. I just tried it :D

Just to clarify - by sub "drop" do you mean where the pitch bends downward? If so I believe "Philes" from the original Music had one:

JCW

Yes, Philes has it, it's like a slow or quick releasing 'Booooooom' it's hard to explain lol, but it's effective.

RSCONCEPTIONS©

I know what you mean, and it is in fact one of main things that made me fall in love with Philes all over again this year when I remixed it. Such a simple yet attention grabbing feature, indeed the "drop" effect is the sex. However, I kind of don't want to steal YOUR sound, if you get me.

JCW

Lol yes indeed, it isn't -my- sound but I just meant I use them a lot and my advice was just what I'd do personally, I didn't want to sound forceful or anything that was all. :)

RSCONCEPTIONS©

You did not come across as forceful mate, I mean, you yourself suggested I use it. It's my own personal feeling of not wanting to steal a sound you utilize a lot :P I understand it may not be YOUR OWN sound that you have the rights to, but I am just imagining how I might feel if it were me. I'd like it to remain your personal sound that people would attribute to YOU.

I would not like for us to become a group of Cascada's lol