fruity loops

Started by spacekid890, January 23, 2008, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacekid890

I was thinking about getting fruity loops ive heard its a natural progression from the music/mtvmg programs, im just wondering if any of you guys have it or any other music creation programs simaler and whitch would be best. thanks

DJ_Omnimaga

Well I have Acid Pro and Sonar, but I neve rused Sonar and I didnt liked Acid pro much. I may try sonar though. Most other programs are better than MTVMG but none are as easier. In fact they are far much more harder. They are also very expensive. You can do amazing stuff with them tho

147 crew

I've put up some tunes made with different programs,(NOT MY WORK,) I think it's reason, will add a couple more but they are excellent, under my group topic insperation..on my youtube page COME DOWN DUBBIN' and the 5 tunes back to back heading, also check the SURVIVOR remix, would put them in video format but would take ages to upload and they are longer than 5 mins so my free converter wouldn't do it :( Will add my friends MUMMY RETURN tune which includes dialogue from the movie, that is definitely made with reason. I'd say buy them all :)

pillagemyvillage

ive tried out cubase and fruity loops. fruity loops is very good. the samples and sound quality are excellent. theres not much to fault but...
it does take quite a while to make a track.
the best thing about music/mtv programmes is that you can make a track in a matter of hours. thats what makes it so addictive!

147 crew

I guess you'd need a quite good computer to run the programs fruity loops etc.. I've never used anthing other than MUSIC2000/3000, my p.c is very poor so dunno if I would have issues? You say it's expensive also, but these programs are old so how come they still pricey?  

DJ_Omnimaga

i was talking about FL and cubase. those average in the $100-300 iirc. Music 2000/3000 are cheap

pillagemyvillage

fruity loops 7 would be expensive to buy. that goes for all the pro programmes.
you can download a fruity loops 7 demo which is fully functional but you cant save your work...
i feel those programmes are very complicated and you need to be lectured in how to use them other wise you wont fully benefit from them.
you can get older programmes cheaper but obviously the newer the more expensive. and i reckon you would need a decent pc to run fruity etc.
anyway ive used fruity and although i had fun i became frustrated and returned to mtvmg2 just because its so easy and accessable!!

147 crew

yeah with MUSIC etc, switch on, instant beats!! I would love a demo of fruity loops, can't believe $100 + WOW I still need training on MUSIC2000 lol, I think I would struggle with more complex programmes

pillagemyvillage

i think the problem is time. when you feel creative you just want to get your ideas out asap! thats why i got frustrated with fruity. i started to get annoyed when making a melody or bass line because it took so long and kinda sapped my creativity. i guess its a lack of knowing what im doing thats the problem!
anyway music/mtv... BANG!! and you've made a tune! simple  :P  

DJ_Omnimaga

You seems to be a bit like me. When i get ideas I hate to have to learn a new software or not be able to get them out immediately. Often I got begged by other people to use other softwares and they kept insisting, but i did not have the patience to learn the software and didn't wanted to stop my production for the entire time.

From 1997 to 2006 those texas instrument graphing calculator things called TI-83+ and TI-89 (also other models as well) were pretty popular online in USA, Netherlands, France and Germany. I used to program them a lot around 2001-2007 because you could do games on them and some people even made first person shooters. However in the community there was always some hostility between people who programmed assembly language (which produce much better looking games but is very hard to code) and those who used BASIC (programmable on the machine directly and easy to learn, but it run very slow and is very limited in what it does). The asm guys assumed that if they did asm that everyone had to do it and that you couldn't do anything worth it in BASIC and the BASIC guys got harrassed by the others so they learn assembly. For me I prefered to use a more limited language because I could do stuff quicker, and it did the job and I could produce quite good stuff with it. THis proves that with simple stuff you can do amazing stuff

trance-man

I have Fruity loops Studio 7 Its verry confusing on how to get effects though
dont look to the left
dont look to the right
just follow that sraight old line

Monermaje

the trick is to set the buffer where it is best for your system ... putting it all the way up causes problems also ... set the buffer at its original possition ... then just tweek the little down arrow to the right one space at a time till it gets just right ... I use Fruity Loops aka FL Studio all the time ... email me at jedi0002@yahoo.com and put in the subject line FL Studio Help ... and I can help you get things going good for you and show you some of the tricks it can do.