Rumor about the removal of Stereo Mix option on sound cards updates under Windoz

Started by DJ Omnimaga, December 13, 2009, 04:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

When chatting on IRC, this popped up:

[23:04:21] <Foxtrot200> Does anyone here have stereo mix? Microsoft turned into a copyright Nazi and took mine away.
[23:04:35] <~Jimmy|BSB> Took it away?! :o
[23:04:49] <Foxtrot200> It wasn't in my sound card update

I don't know if this is true and if it applies to all Windows updates and sound card updates, but this is not good for those who use ePSXe + MTVMG/M2K. If they get rid of my Stereo Mix option, I can say goodbye to Music 2000 producing. Thankfully, I got an old sound card that doesn't seems updated anymore, so maybe I'll be immune. I also have no clue on which OS this applies. I currently use Windows XP SP2.

But in any case, I would recommend against updating your sound drivers anytime soon.

I think the reason for doing this is because people abuse the Stereo Mix option to rip music from Youtube videos, other sites and video games. (I myself do)

Casper AudioGhost

fuck windows and live updates i got my updates turned off-why the hell would i want micro soft to tell me what to do? they don't own my pc i do fuck them-people take control of your own computer and stop letting windows bloat yer pc with all this stupid worth less crap-come on what are we fucking sheep? if u really wanna get audio from u tube vids there are better ways that to record manually from stereo mix-getting the flv and converting to mp3 with the freeware format factory is the best-works everytime.i don't see why people think thatthey gotta update all the fucking time-if it ain't broke leave it be-and they never really tell u what's in the updates so whatever let them try to take away my ability to record realtime sound from my pc-i'll figure out a way around it and spread the word
                                                                         casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106