Possible web-hosting change in October

Started by DJ_Omnimaga, September 09, 2010, 05:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

You probably noticed that TIMGUL website has suffered more downtimes recently, especially during afternoon and sometimes during night (Eastern Time), throwing you intermittent "500 Internal Server Error" messages that usually goes away after a second, but happens every few page load, hindering posters. Well, not only this is happening, but 1and1 hosting provider also started reducing the quality of their PHP support on their shared servers, causing one of our anti-spam to stop working, making the registration process extremly slow due to the website not being able to connect to the Stop Forum Spam database anymore. In addition to that, the other forum hosted on this package has a database of about 40 MB, which is only 60 MB below the 1and1 DB cap of 100 MB per MySQL databases.

My guess about the downtimes and PHP features disabling is that either 1and1 services are getting lower and lower in quality, or the other site is simply too demanding for the hosting plan anymore. In other words, there are chances that we may be switching to Surpasshosting soon. This also means that in the meantime, both sites will have to deal with spambots again.

During October, there may be some periods of downtimes that will last several hours, should we switch hosting then. The duration of the downtimes would depend of how well and successful the hosting move occurs.

Thank you for understanding.

Fear 2 StopĀ®

Thanks for the heads up...I was wonderin'!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop