Don't Scream, Yuna [Progressive Electronica, Ambient]

Started by J-MACHine, February 12, 2011, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

There's only a couple of things I can say about this track. The first is that I tried to create something suspenseful, slightly creepy, that sets you on edge and sounds otherwordly and bizzare without being too "out there".

The second is that I produced this whilst sick a couple of weeks ago and on a massive Clock Tower high (in fact, the song title itself references the title of a sojng from the first Clock Tower, called 'Don't Cry, Jenifer', which you can listen too here: ). If you don't remember/have never heard of Clock Tower before, it's an obscure Survival Horror "series" (only two of the titles actually connet to one another, the other two 'sequals' only really use the same basic premise) where, usually (except, again, for the two latter sequals), the emphesis is purely on SURVIVING; There's only one or two baddies, a variaty of traps, and no weapons; when you run into a bad guy, there's only one option; run and hide, or stumble upon a "cut-scene" triggered trap sequence that takes your persuer out for a short amount of time. Even then, hiding isn't always going to save you. Because I'm hopefully going to be working on something similar when I get the free time, I wanted to have a track that gave off the same feel.

Hope you enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

DJ Eddy

loving the creepy vibe man..oh nice beat..top string work and panning going on already.
I can see what u mean by the surviving thing...
cool stuff m8...not many ppl make ur style on here..

.:DJ Droppin:.

Nice work here. Nice layering of strings and I would say the reverb stands out great on this track. Creepy, but a nice beat. The snare use is inventive. Love the low pitch piano clang at the end. Nice work, J.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

J-MACHine

@ Eddy: Thanks, man! Hahaha, I think that's probably because I work with about 7 or 8 different styles and a few of them are nigh uclassifiable.

@ Rob: Glad you liked it, man!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™