Rocket Science - Mike Clarke & PS (Rock Ate Science Remix)

Started by ArcaneFuture, June 21, 2011, 07:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcaneFuture

Strictly speaking this should probably go in the DNB/Breakbeat section as it is my Breaks remix of this rock tune, but I thought I'd try it out on those who go for the more guitar-orientated.
Feedback gratefully received.

http://soundcloud.com/arcanefuture/rocket-science-mike-clarke-ps
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

www.soundcloud.com/arcanefuture

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

INSANE work with that guitar (especially at 2:33), and...u already kno wat im gonna point out next...need i say more :) ?  this track kicks so much ass...i noticed myself still bobbin my head even after the song was over.  \m/ \m/

ArcaneFuture

DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

DJ Eddy

dude that was a very impressive use of the pre-made stuff....Liked the way you chopped em up and the beats are amazing as always from you m8.
Cheers

ArcaneFuture

Thanks, Eddy!
Theoretically using the pre-made guitar loops is great idea - you get to use all the notes at the correct pitches rather than up- or down-pitching a single sample which never sounds very 'real'. In practice, you go nuts trying to start the loop in the right place for the notes you want. (Or at least I do - I think I'm pretty much tone-deaf!).
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

This is wicked mate. Rocket Science was always my favourite of the tracks on the game so its nice to hear this remix.
First thing that comes to mind is how you've kind of went with bones of the original drumtrack but also made loops for it that make it your own. Very much in agreement with Eddy , the choppy , stop/start riffs is brilliant...setting you up for the rock.

ArcaneFuture

Thanks, man, am pretty pleased with this one - did often consider remixing other tunes of the disc, but somehow making original stuff tends to be more rewarding.
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture