[APRIL FOOLS PRANK] MTVMG4 coming out this summer!

Started by DJ Omnimaga, April 01, 2008, 07:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

***NOTE: This announcement was an April Fools joke. Sorry for having got your hopes up (for those who didn't clicked the link)!***

After 4 years of waiting, Codemasters is finally producing MTV Music Generator 4, the latest game in the series. This time Codemaster is coming back to its origins and MTV Music Generator 4 will now focus on the music producing side again, rather than the remixing one like in MTV Music Generator 3: This Is The Remix.

This is due to the high demand for a new version of MTV Music Generator similar to the first one but all samples from the second and higher amount of RAM. In fact Codemaster has posted a screenshot and it seems that they are making an improved version of MTVMG1:

Obviously there are some changes. There are some graphical improvements as you can see, while some other graphics are similar. However, the biggest improvement in the new upcoming program is that all sound samples and riffs from the two first MTVMG as well as the original MUSIC software are included, with about 8000 new samples and 2000 riffs as well. From information I got, they are also adding a new feature that allow you to create your own vocals by entering text, that the program convert into lyrics. You can change the pitch of every part of the vocals and change the person voice. There will not be any increase in amount of sound channels, though. In the options it will be possible to switch the scrolling so it is vertical instead of horizontal. Unfortunately this program will still not include backward compatibility with previous programs, meaning you cannot load a MTV Music Generator 2 memory card song in MTV Music Generator 4.

The game is due to come out this summer for the Playstation 2. We do not know yet if there will be versions for the Playstation 3, Xbox or Xbox 360.

For more information and updates check out Codemasters' MTV Music Generator Official Page at the following URL:

http://www.codemasters.com/mtvmg4/

***NOTE: This announcement was an April Fools joke. Sorry for having got your hopes up (for those who didn't clicked the link)!***

Not a Number

WANT.

Wait.. oh very funny. I fell for that straight away. ._.;

KalsolarUK

Excellent news! Lets hope it lives up to our expectations...anything has to be better than MTV MG 3! lol.

Not a Number

Not wanting to be the not-very-nicey her, but has anyone besides me actually clicked the link (not to mention actually looking closer at the concept screenshot itself)?

Unless all you are supposedly in on the act as well, in that case, you got me..

pillagemyvillage

bollocks!
you got me there! i was getting well excited about that...
i hope they do make another... for ps2 or ps3...

Unforgotten Village Idiot

I am The Unforgotten.

DJ_Omnimaga

netham45

hint for the wise: never trust DJ on April 1st.

I am The Unforgotten.

netham45

DJ, what was last years Omnimaga prank?
I forgot. :(

DJ_Omnimaga

well, considering this board is only 5 months old there were none, but on the old Omnimaga board (to be back in 2009?) in 2005 it was a TI-83+ Silver Edition calculator remake of Zelda Minish Cap (with animated screenshot), in 2006 we simulated a cracking (all posts looked like deleted and weird psychedelic skins were added as well as 1337 translators) and in 2007 Dragon__Lance came back

netham45

ok. I meant the 2007 one, I could not rembember it. And I wan't there for the 2006/2005 ones.

I am The Unforgotten.

netham45

DJ, I think he wants you to edit all the posts. Make them all have links to goatse.

DJ_Omnimaga

Not a Number

netham45

tubgirl
lemonparty
2girls1cup
cemetech

147 crew

itv.com

Not that I have ever visited it or ever will- The worst TV station in England for those who don't know