EPIC room

Started by pillagemyvillage, August 04, 2008, 02:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

production notes...
its offical, im in love with this tune!  :D
well after many problems with my ps2 and computer, i now have them fixed.
this track is close to my best (you decide!).
this track has a real summer vibe, maybe it could be played in ibiza?
ive been very uninspired and frustrated lately but some how managed to piece a few riffs together in around 8 hours and create a very relaxed but also very banging tune... the 'drop' worked out perfectly.
the bpm - 155, faster than my usual 145.
main samples used - choral, soft key c4, funky c4, ophone and tinkerbell. ive also used something from the vocal section! but dont worry ive used 'ahh 10' from one of the ladies and made a kinda choral pad, which is a first for me. maybe something i will try again.

ive not had too much trouble with missed notes but had to delete some percussion later in the track. all in all im very pleased with this, hopefully you will be too. thanks for listening, adam  :D

pillagemyvillage

after listening many times i would say this is my best tune.
the percussion is the best ive created and the melody and bass fit together perfectly.
i really went for an ibiza style tune and think ive succeded. in some ways i was inspired by rycebeetz superb new tack 'ocean of sadness'.
i like the melody progressions and the breakdown into the kick is suprisingly good.
usually the kick goes astray, but here you can really feel it!
i feel ive achieved an 'EPIC room'  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

I'm very glad you got both your comp and PS2 fixed so you cna post some new tracks :)

I think the track wear its "EPIC" title well. Awesome epic melody, some part of the strings would do very well in some video game RPG or similar stuff and I love the kickdrum+hihat combination. Nice job on this track :)

Keep up the good work

pillagemyvillage

hmmm rpg... interesting...
i also like the strings they add so much. although the main melody is repetitive the bass line and strings keep it well lifted.

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah the strings and all seemed to remove the repetitiveness. In fact I didn't noticed this until you mention it :D

pillagemyvillage

sometimes having a repetitive melody is the aim. this is similar to 3am although i like this better because of the bass.
i mean trance is essentially pretty repetitive, its the transitions that keep it alive.
i wanted a basic melody repeated with the changes coming from the bass and strings, a kinda progressive ibiza style tune.

DJ_Omnimaga

true, sometimes there's some melodies I like so much that i try to make them repetitive so the song is groovy. If there isn,t a lot of transition usually it is recommended that the song is a bit shorter, like 3-5 minutes, else, it can be longer

quade77

hey adam,
just got your message on my email and went straight to this site to check it out, and yes yes yes , this is really awesome, i must say this is the closest to my own style i have seen so far. so i really like it, ;D i dont make many tunes under 150bpm, when this tune first started playing i was waiting for something kinda dark because it had a mean beat, but then you turned it around and made it uplifting and very dancey, and when the base drops in i got goose bumps, thats how i grade tunes, you get a massive 10 out of 10 from me mate, very well made indeed,

as for my uploads, they are defo coming soon, been working on a tune called Drak Planet, and it really really is awesome if i do say so myself :) taken me ages to get it all right, very complex tune and its hard hard trance, base and beat is phat, but the melody is where its true power is, and it will no doubt be my first upload to show that this kid aint playing lol put everything in to it to make a massive spash on this MG2 site, i think i have pushed the game to its limits big time, hopefully i will be back online from thursday, thats the only thing stopping me from doing the uploads at the moment, my friend at work has shown me a new way to get my tunes onto PC. GOD I CANT FOOOOOKING WAIT DUDE LOL just want you to hear them now.

peace my musical friend, keep up the great work  8)

147 crew

Definitely EPIC, not had this on my speakers yet..be looking forward to that  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

@quade I can't wait to hear them, they must be awesome ^^

quade77

well i think its one of my best, maybe i shouldnt hype it up so much but i really really love the tune i done "Dark Planet" dont think i get them as smooth sounding as pillage dose, and his break downs are amazing, my stuff is more raw and harder. you will see soon guys

RyceBeetz

Quote from: pillagemyvillage on August 04, 2008, 05:28:56 PM
after listening many times i would say this is my best tune.
the percussion is the best ive created and the melody and bass fit together perfectly.
i really went for an ibiza style tune and think ive succeded. in some ways i was inspired by rycebeetz superb new tack 'ocean of sadness'.
i like the melody progressions and the breakdown into the kick is suprisingly good.
usually the kick goes astray, but here you can really feel it!
i feel ive achieved an 'EPIC room'  :D

haha thanks pillage for the shoutout....im glad i was able to inspire people on here...sorry i havnt been on lately...freakin school is killin me right now...good job though...i love the melody and how hard the kicks are!! keep it up!!

TourqeGlare

I'm loving the baseline!
The synthline is great too. :)
This is why I got MTV Music Gen in the first place, and before then,
I had doubts that this sort of music could be done on there.

What sample is using the popping noises at about three minutes in?
All songs were made between 2001 and 2005,
unless otherwise noted)

I am not a proper musician, I do this for fun.
My songs suffer because of that...

I am more adept in the following:

My art:
http://tourqeglare.deviantart.com/

My novels:
http://stores.lulu.com/TourqeGlare

kevrill

Excellent tune dude!!! What did you make it on, music 2000 or mtv: music generator? I bet as soon as you finished making it you sat there proper creamin' over it, I know I would be... lol.

DJ_Omnimaga

hehe sometimes I have his songs, espĂȘcially "In Your Eyes" playing on my stereo system at high volume. It was made with MTV Music Generator 2.

(On a side note MTV Music Generator  is the same thing than Music 2000, they just changed the name in North America, got rid of Jack The Ripper demo song and removed the language options)

Welcome here btw :)

kevrill

There's a few tracks on my channel on youtube which I made using music 2000, feel free to have a listen and leave comments. Adios for now.http://uk.youtube.com/user/Kevrill

.:DJ Droppin:.

Welcome Kevrill.... Nice song
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

.:DJ Droppin:.

Pillage... Pillage.... Pillage... you have really outdone yourself here (or have you?)
Exceptional....  ;D
Addicting.  :D
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

pillagemyvillage

many thanks for listening guys...
this is made on mtvmg2 as are all my tunes...
tourqe, the popping noises are tinkerbell. ive shortend the note envelope i guess to give it that popping 
effect.
and yes i was well happy with it!
on a side note, the strings are made with ophone. originally i didnt have them in until the last minute.
funny thing really. i was playing the tune full blast (a good 500 watts worth - sorry neighbours!) and my missus was listening. she started humming the strings you hear. i was like, hey do that again!
so she did and i picked out the notes she was humming! and there you go added them to the track!
gave it that little bit more.
unbelievably she also did this for the piano section in 'messages from heaven'.
kinda like my side kick lol!
when using mtvmg2 you dont have the advantage of using a synthasizer.
what i mean is if you have a synthasizer you can play 1 piece of melody then loop it and play some other melody over the top to see if it fits making small adjustments if it doesnt.
so instead when ive made a basic melody and i want some strings to accompany it i simply play the melody over and over but humm along to make a string section.
very simple and yet so effective especially when im stuck for ideas.
in the case of this tune and 'messages from heaven' this is exactally what has been done except it was my girlfriend!  :D

DarkBliss

C`mon Pillage, you didn`t use MTVMG2 to create this...surely!  ;) What can I say? The beginning reminds me of Out Of The Blue by System F, a classic tune, as is this. Astounding in every sense of the word, the melodies are hypnotic, beautiful, yeah, definitely a summer anthem of epic proportions, top class.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435