Hi, I'm Smates and new on this site!

Started by Smates, August 09, 2009, 08:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smates

Hi, I'm Smates and new on this site. My friend (Creatormusic) and I (Keithsonic) are making music with Music2000 on PS1.
Sometimes we make a track together, he makes the song and I add beats. Creatormusic likes to make orchestral-like tracks
with lots of strings and other instruments like guitar, flute and trumpet.

I think it's a great program and everytime I use it I learn more tricks.

Quality whise it's not comparable with progs like Reason, Renoise or Cubase but if you are creative you can make nice tracks with it.

Right now I use M2000 on my PSP with the use of pops (emulator). The quality is almost as good as on the PS1 but with some sound glitches here and there. Only 'problem' is how to transfer my PSP-saves to the PS1 memorycard. I manage to transfer some M2000 memcard blocks to the PSP so I could load and edit songs I made with the PS1. Any suggestions?

I've uploaded some great tracks in Music Showcase ->Ambient/Experimental/Other:

http://www.mtv-music-generator.com/index.php?board=27.0

Please listen to the tracks and post your opinion.

BTW: Great site! I never new there was such a dedicated site for M2000/MG.  
It's not about what you have but what you can do with it!

Sacred Virgo

again, welcome here keithsonic (keith, maybe?). you seem very motivated and that's very cool, that's just what we need here. so enjoy your stay, and don't forget to leave some comments yourself! (we have a huge database of songs here, but probably you already know that by now)
oh, and your friend seems to be a good musician. why don't you invite him to join too?

Smates

Yeah, he knows about this site so maybe he will join. I hope he is not mad at me for uploading his music :p .
I give him all the credits though.

And I will try to comment on other songs ;)

Fear 2 StopĀ®

Welcome to the site! Look forward to hearing more.

QuoteSometimes we make a track together, he makes the song and I add beats.

That's cool! Yeah, the music I upload here is also a collaborative effort...we trade off who does what too.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Smates

We give each other feedback when someone makes a tune or a beat. It's better if others judge your track/tunes, it will make the track better.