Ladies And Gentlemen, Introducing

Started by zapphnath, March 25, 2008, 12:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapphnath

Honestly, I was surprised to see that a forum such as this actually still exists, much less is still as active as this one seems to be.  I found a few others that hadn't had any new posts since 2005.
Even more surprising is how hard it was to find.  I still don't understand why Google uses such a weird method for listing sites.  It ranks sites by how many other sites are linked to it rather than how appropriate it is to your search queries.  One would figure that, if you type in "mtv music generator", a site called "mtv-music-generator.com" would be at the top of the list instead of being eleven pages deep!

Ahem... sorry about that little tirade, there, folks.  Anyway...

So, who am I?  I'm just some guy who likes MTVMG as much as the rest of you.  After reading a review about it, I knew I had to get it as soon as it came out.  I spent many, many hours fiddling around with it, over the years, and managed to create several memory cards full of songs.  Then came the PS2 and MTVMG2.  I filled another couple of memory cards with stuff on that one.
I remember one time where I was so entranced that I didn't even notice that fourteen hours had gone by.  I think that most of that time was spent working on just one song.
Sadly, though, my PS2 died about two years ago and I haven't had the opportunity (or cashola) to get a new one, so I haven't messed with generator or even played any decent games in a long time.
I did get to transfer some songs to the PC, before the system died, but I had the gain set too high, in Audacity, and they all sound like poop.  I've tried to make them sound better using a variety of methods, but most are too far gone.
I did, just recently, get ahold of a copy of MTVMG for the PC and have to try to re-learn how to use it.  It would seem that using a mouse would be more intuitive than a controller, but I haven't gotten the hang of it, just yet.  Time will tell, I guess.

Okay, that's enough, for now.

DJ_Omnimaga

I'm glad you found this site. Welcome here :)

I can't wait to hear some of your stuff.

I wish the site showed up higher in google me too. To make sure it shows up as high as possible I decided to put a link to the site in all forum I visit in my signature. Also if possible if someone ask for a site about mtvmg somewhere or if i want to show my work (like on youtube) I link to this site. Also the fact it's a forum based site may not help, because those tend to not show up as high in google. Oh well maybe if other sites start linking to it (like forum signatures) it will go up

147 crew

HI..enjoy the site n all the music n chat too  :lol:

I will add the site link to my vids as I have lots and some get lots of views..may help people find us all..be a shame to miss out!!

iku

...let the music flow through your vains...

pillagemyvillage

hey there! glad to see another mtvmg2 user! (its good to have an allie against all the mtvmg1 users  <_< ) lol!!
cant wait to hear your stuff!  :D  

zapphnath

There's been a little update to my situation and I thought that my Introductions thread would be a good place to put it.

Every so often, just for the hell of it, I try turning on my PS2 to see if - maybe, just maybe - it might work.  Well, today it did, after several years since the last time I used it, on a regular basis.
So, I hooked it up to my DVD recorder and started recording.  I'm on my second memory card, now, as I type this.  I tried Generator 2, first, but it kept getting hung up on the Loading screen - plus, I can't seem to remember where the memory cards are, so it doesn't matter, anyway. 
MtvMG 1 hasn't worked correctly in several years, in this machine.  Imagine my surprise, then, when it did.  Right now, I'm just going from one song to the next, loading it in and letting it play through.  Even the short, crappy ones.  I can sort them out, later. 
The best part is that, now, I'll have crisp, clean copies of my songs.  In full stereo, too!  Plus, I'll have video that I could put onto YouTube.
Hopefully, the game won't glitch out before I'm able to get them all.

Casper AudioGhost

wow that is pretty incredible,kick ass can't wait to checkout all that music 
                                                                                       casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

DJ_Omnimaga

glad you got it to work again, I always got trouble getting the first MG to work on the PS2 because of playback problems and extreme loading times for samples. I hope to hear your new songs soon. Just update your old posts with the new file :)

zapphnath

Okay, cool, I didn't know you could just replace the attachment.  I figured that post would be stuck with that attachment.

All in all, I recorded a grand total of over 40 tracks, from 5 memory cards, that equal about 3.5 hours.  Not all of it is post-worthy and a few of the last tracks are different versions of previously recorded ones, like "Memory" with the guitar parts muted so that I can, sometime in the future, record myself playing the guitar parts, for real, to add to it.
I was unable to find my Generator 2 memory cards, though.  For now, I'll just have to live with the crappy versions I already have of those.