Greetings

Started by crowrate, May 23, 2008, 04:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowrate

Hello to you all! and might i say what a great site this is for people who are creative with music ceation for the playstation.
its so much more than a game  :) All the tracks i have heard here have been really interesting to listen to.
I am from wales in the uk, but currently living in japan.
well, i started using music the first time it came out on the ps1, and went on to music 2000, which i found way more versatile.
didnt really click with the ones that followed, guess i just like the cheesy old school sounds :)
i used music 2000 to create dance music, and also make backing beats for my old band, which seemed to work quite well.
Have not made any proper tracks on it for a long long time.
currently i am using music 2000 with the epsxe emulator. and while it does replicate it almost exactly, the loss of the sample feature is a bit of a dissapointment.
At this time, i am having problems recording my tracks to mp3 from the emulator due to a not so great soundcard.
it sounds awesome through the speakers, just when i try to record it, it just doesnt do the tones or the bass any justice. Dont really want to post `bad` quality versions of any tracks
As i wrote (off topic! sorry!) in the tutorials post in the MUSIC 2000 / MTV Music Generator thread...
i wanted to ask, if i was to post a download link to my epsxe memcard (mcr file) is there anyone here willing to convert it to an mp3 for me?
hell, i know its asking a lot,  but it would be greatly appreciated.
Hope someone can help... its worth a try i suppose!
Just it would be nice to share tracks with the people here and get some feedback.
Anyway, goodbye for now!
peace.

DJ_Omnimaga

Hi and welcome here :). If you posted the mem card content (preferably in one or two files) in zip file or via email or PM i could always try recording them, but i dont know how much time I will have as I was kinda busy lately. I also use epsxe so I might have some luck.

Else, what software do you use to record? Your sound settings might not be setup properly. In audacity I have it set to Stereo Mix and I save in 128 kbps mp3

Either way I can't wait to hear your stuff :)

crowrate

Hey man, thankyou so much for offering to help me, i really appreciate it. you are a gentleman and a scholar.
But it looks like my crappy sound card problem is solved....to cut a long story short i am using the soundcard in my old broken 6 year old
laptop, which is just way better that the one in the laptop i recently bought. strange that! hehe.
just didnt think to try that thinking that my current soundcard just had to be better than my old one.
but anyway, thank you so much again for your kind offer to help me out, and hopefully i will have my first tune up within the next day
or two.
keep up the great work!  :)

DJ_Omnimaga

Do your new laptop run vista? I remember hearing stuff about Vista having compatibility problems with some old softwares, causing games and sound to play horribly sometimes. Also maybe new soundcards dropped compatibility with old emulators (epsxe dates back in 2003). I hope not though, because next year I was planning to get a new PC

Glad I could help :)

On a related note I need to keep up with people tunes again soon, I haven't listened to any new tracks in weeks  since I was busy x.x

crowrate

Haha, yeah its vista....stupid microsoft.......but recently got it to work on vista too by accident, no idea how hehe.
Just choose wisely when getting a new PC.
New tune up, so have a listen when you get the time!