7.30 flight 2- Before TIMGUL

Started by 147 crew, June 11, 2008, 05:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

147 crew

Very OLD song I made, think when I first got hold of MUSIC2000 back in 2000/2001..

sampled a vocal from "Going back to cali" Notorious BIG and Puff Daddy..don't know if you know the song but its great, anyway just sampled puff saying 7.30 flight and made a tune..don't actually think it's in this song but it is in the 1st and 3rd versions

Recording is not the best as tapes suck after 7 yrs, this tune was on my memory card that cleared but I thought i'd put it up as its pretty cool

DJ_Omnimaga

Nice, it's cool to hear stuff from members that they made in their debuts sometimes. This track is nice actually

147 crew

Thanks, yeah I remember making this tune, shame the sound isn't so crisp. This is a cut down version it started to get a bit strange after I faded it out..

would love to make a new version but I have no idea of the samples  ???

cheers for the comment

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah sometimes it has been so long that we forget the samples. When I redid all my old tracks from scratch exactly like they were back then I got an hard time remembering/finding samples again to remake the songs. For some songs it was easy but for some it was really challenging.

At the moment I am trying to get a second copy of MTV Music Generator 1 on Ebay (like the one I have that doesn't work anymore) to reprogram two of my old songs that used external samples from CDs because ePSXe emulator doesn't support the MTVMG/2000 recording option. I haven't tried ePSXe 1.7 though (which got recently released), maybe this one is fine, but I doubt it works. Only two of my songs uses external samples. One from Ace Of Base - Wheel Of Fortune and another from Liquid Dance - First Time (inverted)

Anyway on a off topic note, altough related to your songs, you have like 4 songs so far in the next mix, all 4 straight in a row. One was hard as hell to mix though, i don't know why. I think the BPM varied slightly at some point. Maybe it was one of your old songs recorded on tape

mesemdilo

it reminds me of those x-mix cd's i bought verry long time ago
this song reminds me of  john acquaviva 8)

greath underground sound ;)

147 crew

Cheers mesemdilo. Although I have never heard of john acquaviva, I would love to hear a track if you have 1

lovin the next mix Omni, 4  :o  tracks..cool can't wait to hear..not had a chance to listen to the latest mix yet..waiting for an opportunity to pump it through my speakers..WEEKEND OFF!!!!

I have a 2 copies of MUSIC2000 for psONE if you have PS maybe i'll send you  ;)

Some of my songs range from 168bpm-178bpm, never during the song though..think 2 slow tunes 128bpm/158bpm but most are dnb speed..just need to upload better quality mp3 I reckon

Thanks for adding my tunes YAY  :D