Timgul: The Album?

Started by DJ Omnimaga, January 14, 2008, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

I was wondering if there should be some kind of digital album of various songs from this forum all mixed together like in a DJ mix? It would have a trance mix for sure, but a mix of DnB/Hardcore would be a nice idea too I think.

Another idea could be that it transition from trance to hardcore to finish with dnb, I would choose the 130-140 BPM songs at the beginning and then I would slowly speed up the mix with faster songs, and it would slowly go at the speed of hardcore, like some eurodance mixes that plays on DI.FM eurodance radio station

Any ideas? Of course permission to use tracks would be asked first though

pillagemyvillage

thats an awesome idea! you could def use any of my tracks! i reckon trance to hardcore to dnb is def the combo. would be great to hear!!  :D  

147 crew

I'd love to have a copy in my C.D collection, never know if one of us becomes famous it might be worth something some day

DJ_Omnimaga

So far I have 13 tracks mixed, but I'm still waiting response from a few other people to know if they want their tracks in and I may add more in the middle.

pillagemyvillage

thats brilliant! how long do you think the mix will be? how are you mixing the tracks?

DJ_Omnimaga

Mixing will be done using softwares. I may add some special effects but I'm not sure yet. Sure thing is that it will be around 70 and 75 minutes long, like most CD mixes.

What I am aiming at is to have a good balance between amount of songs for each people, but it will vary between 1 and 4 probably.

pillagemyvillage

cool use as many of my tracks as you like, would be awesome to hear my tracks in amongst yours and everybody elses. nice 1!

DJ_Omnimaga

http://mtv-music-generator.com/index.php?showtopic=163

EDIT: there seemed to be a problem with posting in the news section x.x

Gruvenheimer

B) This is a VERY cool idea. I would like to be included in any future works.

I have a bunch of songs you could choose from - let me know when the next project is and I will submit some.   ;)  
Yours in the Beat,
-Gruvenheimer
[/i]

DJ_Omnimaga

ok i will check your songs if i start up a new mix :)  

Master Dutch

I havent made a DnB beat in a long time but would to be on this!

DJ_Omnimaga

that would be cool ^^

Check out 147 Crew or SeipherNL stuff they make cool DNB stuff with Music 2000 and 3000

147 crew

Thanx Omnimaga, these mixes r excellent!! A 3rd in the pipeline?? Would be great, I have around 8 new songs created hopefully add them in the next couple of days, let me know what you think

Fear 2 Stop®

If there is a 3rd volume, we'll do a special track this for it. We usually do avant garde, but I can wringle out a good techno track I'd reckon.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ_Omnimaga

That would be cool. Actually it might be for Volume 4 though, as in Volume 3 there is only 15 minutes of music space left and I alerady chosen most last songs.

I also need to make more songs x.x

Not a Number

I haven't been able to make any good dance ones as of yet, but I have one or two planned for the next TIMGUL mix.

Problems with each is that one'll take forever to piece together (being the unconventional so-and-so that I am, I'm hoping to use a 7/8 or 7/4 time signature; I don't think there's ever been a dance tune that's not been in 4/4, so it'll probably be a world first :P) and the other I have NO idea what the notes are, but I can piece the notes using a MIDI files as reference. (unfortunately, the song is just, well... . I think I might have to double the tempo to 340 and 400 instead of 170 and 200, because I'm certain it uses 1/32 notes)

DJ_Omnimaga

you should do some kind of dance or hard dance remix of this, maybe hard trance

Fear 2 Stop®

Quote from: Not a Number on June 01, 2008, 09:21:07 PM
I haven't been able to make any good dance ones as of yet, but I have one or two planned for the next TIMGUL mix.

Problems with each is that one'll take forever to piece together (being the unconventional so-and-so that I am, I'm hoping to use a 7/8 or 7/4 time signature; I don't think there's ever been a dance tune that's not been in 4/4, so it'll probably be a world first :P) and the other I have NO idea what the notes are, but I can piece the notes using a MIDI files as reference. (unfortunately, the song is just, well... . I think I might have to double the tempo to 340 and 400 instead of 170 and 200, because I'm certain it uses 1/32 notes)

340? ?400? Dang that's fast... fasted song we ever did as at 164 bpm, and most of ours is around the 110 mark.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Not a Number

Well, using an external site as a reference, the song mainly goes at 200BPM, and there's a section that goes at 170BPM (4:18 - 5:04), which it goes back to 200BPM. But although I don't have the MIDI file as a reference, I'm uncertain whether it uses 1/32 notes (32 notes per bar), but I can one of my friends who made a remix of it (in FL Studio) using a MIDI of the song.

(Of course ,seeing as Music 2000 doesn't do MIDIs, especially the PSX version, putting all the notes in one by one is gonna be fun :D)