Hello

Started by Қлөщłєşү[¤¤], November 28, 2008, 08:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Hello all, I'm Knowlesy. Like alot of you who probably got Music 2000 when it first came out, we never stopped creating on it. I get alot of jokes made at my expense because I still play it on the Playstation. I've got about 4 or 5 memory cards worth of material, most songs deleted or chopped and mashed together over the years, am having trouble recording them. I've bought the Y adaptor and everything hooked up and in its place but when I play back in audacity, although I can kinda hear the music its still noise if you get what I mean, if anyone has suggestions please let me know. Anyhoo, nice to meet ya.

stonecold

Hi Knowlesy, nice to meet ya. Im new myself here but from what iv seen and heared it is a very friendly place.
Ignore anybody who takes the mick out of users of m2000. Its not wot it is... its how u use it.

There are many ways of getting your music from playstation-pc. If you are using a Y adaptor i presume you are recording to pc via line in.Quality is dependent on soundcard/cables and the playstation/music software itself has slight underlying hiss.If you have a good soundcrd,get yourself the best quality cable/Y piece you can afford,shielded is best too as this stops interferance. Check your 'IN' levels. If the gain on your soundcrd is too high you will get clipping. Audicity has level ref so turn down if goin into the red.
You could get urself a usb/firewire external soundcard with all the softaware bundled with it to record almost any audio scource at very high quality. Prices vary from £50-£500. Or a basic usb dongle with line in.

To get my tunes into .wav quickly i just plug my ps into a boss br recorder and then export the file to my pc.

Hope to hear your stuff soon!
I'd rather be a nobody, than a somebody who 'nearly' made it.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/wdivi

Tech87

:) Heya!

Welcome to our mental home of musicians  ;D

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

JCW

DJ_Omnimaga

Heya, welcome here :). Sorry for late reply