Does Anyone Use This Type Of Memory Card!!!!

Started by Irndemon, January 24, 2009, 02:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irndemon

:D I was wondering does anyone here use one of these for saving song files on?

These floppy discs allow you  save exactly as you would with a normal playstation memory card,......And they are cheap as chips!!!!Lol

DJ_Omnimaga

wow that's interesting, I never saw that before.

I know there's also some 360 blocks memory cards but I only heard bad things about these

JCW

Wow that's awesome- never knew something like that was around, real handy for Music 2000 stuff nonetheless.

Irndemon

:) I think it has some advantages over normal mem cards,They have a larger surface so you can write the info for all the saves on the front and you can file them in a case,More to the point is they are alot cheaper than a memory card!! As for the drive itself,I dont know where or if you could get one.Ebay maybe? I,ve never had any problems using this (unlike the original grey mem cards which sometimes don't read at all or if it does the files wont load because they are corrupted) That 360 block card sounds good but if they are anything like the original "sony" ones then i will probably give them a miss.

DJ_Omnimaga

idk how the 360 blocks ones works, I guess you probably have to move a little switch or something on the mem card since most games won,t show more than 15 blocks, but I heard they can corrupt and all. I am curious if the mem cards Irndemon posted a pic of can let you copy PS1 save files content over the PC? If someone did a hacking program to convert PS1 mem card files to emulator files then we could use the same save files from the emulator to the real console. But today, most new computers doesn't have a floppy drive

Irndemon

That would be cool!,Maybe even share files for use between playstation users aswell as playstation to pc vice versa,if we both had floppy drives on our computers and for our playstations,...Would make Remixing each others songs alot easier and better.As for memory cards,Its a shame the limit is 15 blocks,Because the m2k programme lets you put more work in to your song when using imported samples than a memory card will take.I'ts not nice having to remove stuff from your tune when it sounds so good just to fit it on a mem card.

Irndemon

I found this while searching the net for this disc drive. It has lots of info regarding how to use it and who made it and when it was released etc.I have the original box that it came in and it was manufactured by a company called DATEL.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/916392/4699

DJ Ryznup

This is very cool and I would have loved to have something like this. Heck, I would probably try to buy it right now if my computer had a floppy drive.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 24, 2009, 09:00:34 PM
idk how the 360 blocks ones works, I guess you probably have to move a little switch or something on the mem card since most games won,t show more than 15 blocks, but I heard they can corrupt and all.

Basically, the 360 block is like having 24 memory cards in 1. Heres the one that I had.

The buttons are used to switch between the different memory cards and you can see which memory card you have it on in the digital display.

I never noticed any of my files getting getting corrupted, but mine did seem to randomly reset itself every once in a while, and I could never figure out what was causing it. I don't know, maybe the one that I had was defective, but I would advise against getting one these as this caused me to lose hours of work on songs and game data. And chances are, if you do get one, in the end you'll probably take a hammer to it like I did mine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

JCW

Yeah I had one of those, but it was a grey casing and the lights were red when you changed- Still got it someplace.

DJ_Omnimaga

Yeah files were getting deleted form what I heard. It was probably because back then they had more trouble squeezing electronic circuits together so they probably squeezed them too much aand it caused problems. Kinda like the latest single-core computer processors/CPU. I heard that above 3 GHz if it wasn't a dual-core/quad-core PC you could have trouble. Same with earlier 1 Terabytes harddrives