My Style Is

Started by Season 8, January 28, 2009, 02:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Season 8

Hey, this is my second tune I made today, its called My Style Is. I took on board the advice I was given and tried mixing 2 sounds together to try to make a slow"ish" kinda track. I hope you enjoy it, again any feedback is welcome as Im new to this still it would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1984941

JCW

Hi again The Lyricist.

Well what can I say, it was really mellow and I loved the backing chord in the main melody (can you give me the name of the sample? Would like to use it.) I liked the beat, very good percussion. I like how soft your songs are, you can crank it up and still chill out without having a headache from it. Good work.

By the way mate, when making a topic if you click 'additional options' underneath you can attatch an .mp3 to the topic and we can download directly from here instead of going through a website. I am unsure if the website is your preference but I thought I'd let you know anyway, can save time. :)

Season 8

Yeah Ill get the name of the sample for you, ill see if I can get the list of melodies I used, I wanted to slow it down a bit with this track, for the next one, Im gonna see if I can do a faster trance tune, with a bit of a drum and bass feel if thats at all possible to do!

JCW

It's completely possible, I've done it, and so have others. Good luck!

Season 8

Well lets see what I can whip up tonight, I wanna make a 4 minute song but everytime I try and go long than 3:30 it makes it stale and drags it out

DJ Ryznup

I thought the melody that you had come in at 02:03 kind of clashed with the strings because they sounded like they were in different keys in my opinion. But it easy to accidently do that with the premade riffs. I did it a couple of times with some of my first songs that used the premade riffs and didn't notice it until somebody pointed it out to me.  But other than that, I liked it. Ithough it was good and it had a nice calm flow to it. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

Season 8

I went for the calm soft flow with the second one, thought maybe it would be fresher to do a calm trance tune instead of the usual beaty ones

DarkBliss

This is really cool mate, better than your last one.

It`s good to see that although you`re very new to all this you still know how to construct a good tune, everything fits well together. I didn`t have a clue when I first started, it was all over the place.

I reckon you should do a few more with the pre-made riffs and then I`ll show you how to create everything from scratch, nice one mate.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Season 8

Thanks mate, im gonna see if i can mix trance with drum and bass tonight

JCW

Looking forward to this.

quade77

nice little tune man, you will be a great producer when you get to real grips with it, keep up the good work mate, dont be shy to experiment with a sound of your own, good luck dude

Season 8

Thanks quade, im gonna try and go for a more mellow sound but until thats definate im gonna try a more upbeat sound

Season 8

Thanks man, i like your tunes, it was kinda what i goin for with the calm flow, i wanted to slow it down but not make it too slow that it gets boring