music 2000 0n ps3?

Started by spacekid890, February 14, 2009, 10:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacekid890

I was wondering if any of you guys know if the ps1 version of music 2000 works on the ps3?
ive looked around on the offical playstation site to see what games do work but theres no mention of the music series. ive just got my 80gb ps3 with little big planet and its a bit awesome whitch is why i havnt been producing anything for a while, im addicted lol.
Im hoping music 2000 will work on ps3 as the pc version is bieng a pain latly with it crashing and not saving my data, and i might be able to use sampler witch i have never been able to use on my pc version for some reason.
any help would be much appreciated. cheers  :D

stonecold

I was gonna post this up a few months ago.
It works....or it did work until i updated the software. Tried it when i first got ps3 about a year and a half ago and it was cool. Fired it up recently after many updates and found that most of it sounds glitchy and notes either emit no sound or a high piched sine sound. Look closely and the adsr envelope settings are gone. I put them back to preset 'long release' and all cool again.....until you try and load up another sample and it either plays wonky or loads a completely different sound.
After saving and re loading the track was all crap again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Try it and see. The beauty of using music on ps3 was setting the sound output to 'optical' for that nice clean quality for recording.
I'd rather be a nobody, than a somebody who 'nearly' made it.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/wdivi

spacekid890

even more glitches than the pc version then lol. well its worth a go its so cheap on ebay now.
thanks for your help buddie. ;D