Grey Men Road Trip

Started by J-MACHine, August 08, 2009, 09:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Well, after the postal strike subsided, my adapter finally arived and, after much deliberation and messing with recording imputs and what have you, i finally got the first 5 tracks of my album, "This is Who i Am" recorded! As you can guess from the name, it more-or-less is a musical document to ideologies, opinions, and little quirks that i have.
(Note that i will update these threads when i have Album Art to post; I haven't had any time to get some proper drawing done the last couple of days.)

Grey Men Road Trip must be a confusing title. So let me explain; I do plan on eventually writing Lyrics for this song (and hopefully finding someone to sing them), and the general idea for a music video i have is this; A family of your typiclly designed Aliens (Small body with tiny arms and legs, yet large, 3 fingered/toed hands/feet and large, bulbous heads with slanted, black eyes) take a road trip across space, stopping on various planets whilst trying out different things; visiting Zoo's, resteraunts, theme parks, and falling into the same issue; odd customs, and barely any communication as the result of different languages; accents, with the alines trying to force the planets occupents to understand them and their veiws, and, when failing, moving along, until they happen on Earth. When the same problems arise, their frustration boils over and they result to blowing everything up. (Hence the 'explosions' towards the end of the song).
If you're thinking "Gee, that seems pointless; whats THAT got to do with this guy's opinions and the way he thinks?", you're probebly not reading between the lines. But, hey, that's ok. It's not like i'm going to complain, if you still enjoy the song!
It might just be me, but i can sense a very Daft-Punk-ish vibe comming from this, which wasn't intentional. It's more that i felt i wented to try out something with a slight House vibe to it. And even that was just after only mucking around with the Sci-Fi sample for a laugh.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I know. Might help to attatch the file, right? </semi-sarcasm>
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

TPT

Very cool stuff. I see what you mean about the Daft Punk reference.
I can see the music video in my head. Complete with 3 greys head-bopping to the tune as the fourth one tries to communicate with a hot dog salesman.

If I ever get good enough at Daz3D to make it, I will. lol

Excellent tune man.