[DANCE, FUNK] The Rather Ridiculous Funk (NO SOLO VER.) Possible Scrapped Track

Started by J-MACHine, June 27, 2010, 02:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

A track for the album i'm currently working on, 'Braindance'. This track, however, might be scrapped. I wanted it to have tounge-in-cheek lyrics in regards to the titular dance, which is supposed to be a deadly weapon if used in combat (essentially, its supposed to be nothing more then a silly track with bullshit lyrics, all in the name of fun), and i was going to have a mate of mine record a Guitar Solo for it, as well. There's just one problem. I deleted the original file of this song, and unfortunately, i did so BEFORE i realised what had happened in regards to the recording volume going out of whack. Hence, the heavier kicks are distorted, ruining the whole thing. It's a real shame, 'cus i rather liked this song as well. Still, it happens. I'm more or less posting this just so you can get a good idea of "what might have been".

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Oh wow. Have to admit I wasn't that into this at first, but then the melodic part came in at 1:07 and I really like it. Very involving. The choppy strings(?) are very well done. Really get my head banging.
Bass is very nifty too - the ol' twisty note-slides are always a good tactic.

DJ Eddy

Great beats and the cool funky bass line through the song was wicked ...
I agree with RS that bit at 1.07 was really grovey stuff.
Nice change at 3.05, that beat at 4.00 was wicked should of kept that going for a bit ( or make a song with that beat )
Very good for a Demo..
Cheers.....

J-MACHine

I'm glad this went down well, but overall, even though i did like the outcome of the song, i'm still not really happy with the way some parts came out in it. One of the snare samples i had mashed together hadn't loaded properly, so it didn't sound as meaty as i wanted it too, and the pitch shift in M2K being the pain in the backside that it is, i couldn't get it to sound right. XD;; It sounded better in M2K then it does in the recording, but that isn't really saying much.
Plus, there's the big issue of the drums being distorted; a problem that plauged all of the initial Braindance demo's and this track is that they were recorded too loud, so ocassionally the sound would distort, cut out, or crackle. So even if i wanted to use this track, i really can't; unfortunately, i've done all i can with it, so i'm just going to leave it up here. Might put it on like a scrapped tracks collection or something at a later date.

None the less, i am happy that the both of you really dug it in spite of it's issues and my own gripes with it! Thank you both!!

DJ Eddy

I have the same trouble when loading songs some of the samples go all weird.
The thing i sort of found works for me is normalize the sample.
Sometimes doesnt always work but most of the time does.
Hope that helps m8.

J-MACHine

I might bare that in mind, in the future. Hopefully it'll work if i normalize the samples i want to mix, then mix them; trust me, after mixing/editing samples, doing certain things with them naff's them up further. Which would be a huge problem my end of things, seeing as usually every sample i use in a track these days is made up of two, three, sometimes even four mixed together and edited in some fashion. <<;;
none the less, thanks for the info! I'll give it a try, mate.

J-MACHine

If you use Music 2000, then when you go into the sample editor, press 'select' to copy a sample. Then, go into another sample, bring up the menu with O, scroll down until you reach a 'Mix Samples' option (if it isn't called that, then slap me in the face for it later, but i think that is it's name.) You should see two sliders come up. If you want to mix the two samples as is, don't move them about, just hit Triangle (or X, my memory is failing me at the moment), but if you want to change the pitch (and whatever the hell the second slider controls), then mess about with them. A warning, though; whilst it won't matter with percussion samples, melody/bass samples will sound discordant and horrible unless the pitch is adjusted by an octave (or two octaves) in either direction, which is every 12 pitch shifts. I do sometimes mess around with other options in the menu to get some samples to sound different, but the best advice i can give there is muck around, and see what you can do! (Just be wary that M2K likes to crash, so save often .__.;; )

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Lol I used to use Music 2000 so I know everything about it.
I was just wondering how you mix your samples, because if you were to do it externally (via exporting your samples as .wav's OUT of M2k, then mixing them, then re-importing them) I could offer to help if you wanted. That way might actually be easier? I don't know what other software you use?

Also, can I add you to msn mate?

Koolassjoe

The One and Only, Koolassjoe

www.facebook.com/Koolassjoe
www.myspace.com/koolassjoebeats

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/Koolassjoe
www.gimmesound.com/Koolassjoe
www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe

www.youtube.com/koolassjoe
www.animemusicvideos.org/search/quick.php?criteria=Koolassjoe