Hi

Started by ArcaneFuture, May 20, 2011, 10:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcaneFuture

Greetings to all on the board!
I stumbled on this site while looking for information regarding a PS3 version of Music - seems I might have been a little optimistic on that front. Still, nice to know that there are people still using these great... er, composition programmes (I hate to call them 'games' despite having always used them on a console), utilities, then?
Anyway, I've been writing on and off since I bought a Playstation in 1998, specifically because of the release of the original Music. I'd been using trackers on my Amiga previously (anyone remember the wonderful OctaMED?) and to be honest the sound quality just didn't cut it.
I completed a first album of my Music tunes back in 1999 and am currently (finally) putting together two volumes of subsequent work using Music 2000 (only 11 years in the making!).
One question I do have - I've been uploading music to the SoundCloud site, could I simply post links to the tunes there rather than uploading here as well?
Thanks for listening!
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

www.soundcloud.com/arcanefuture

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Yes you can post the links - others do.
Welcome to the com you nitty

ArcaneFuture

Thanks, guess I should do a bit more looking around before asking more daft questions! :¬)
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

RSCONCEPTIONS©

That could take ages - if you don't ask you don't get :) tell us a bit about you fellow producer

DJ Eddy

Making tunes since 1998 lol i was only 9..
Anyway good to see u on here m8 cant wait to hear ur stuff...
yea just use link..

ArcaneFuture

Only 9... good grief, that makes me feel old! (A near-decrepit 37.)
But cheers for the welcome, guys.
Well, I was mostly into Heavy Metal as a teenager and slowly got turned on to other rock and generally guitar-based music (always genre music, I've never been much into Pop). Left University in 1996 and discovered Dance music, DJing and clubs through my younger brother and his mates. Really love Jungle/Drum N Bass (still have a pair of Technics 1210s and a ton (almost literally) of vinyl going back to 94), but found writing Nu School Breaks/Breakbeat more interesting. I write Breaks under the name of DJ Gift (chosen primarily because gift means 'poison' in German). 'Arcane Future' is the name I chose for my record label (hey, a man can dream, can't he?), which I googled the other day and found a physics-related website in the US also uses the name, but only since 2004 or something. I digress.
Anyway, will post links very soon
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Nu Skool breaks rock :D

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Heh, it was 1998 when I started out making music, and I was 12. I remember my dad walking in through the door with MUSIC in his hands, he had bought for me.

ArcaneFuture

Nice - I was 24 so I had to buy my own! Plus, eat a side of humble pie for getting a console, since I'd always argued that it was pointless buying something I could only play games on when I had my trusty Amiga for games, music, word-processing and most anything else.
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture