Byron (Acoustic/Vocal/Orchestral)

Started by Coordman, June 07, 2011, 11:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coordman

Not real sure where to post this, so I guess this seems as good a place as any...

So, I have a good friend who happens to be an amazing songwriter by the name of Chris Everson. (He also uses the stage name Vinegar Williams. You can look him up on Facebook, if you're so inclined. He has some great tunes.) He plays guitar and sings. So, one day he's playing for me a few songs and sketches he's recorded on a little Sony voice recorder. One song, in particular, catches my attention and I'm immediately inspired. I ask him if I can do some work around it and he grants me permission. I begin work immediately...

A year and a half later (like two days ago) I find the old recording on my hard drive. Lots of work, retooling, timing out, and LOTS of time with Audacity, and I finally finished it yesterday! (I actually began work on this song before I moved from NY to CO, and before I even discovered TIMGUL.)

This is going to be different than the things you've heard from me in the past. The voice and guitar is all Chris, everything else was produced on MTV Music Generator, then recorded, multi-tracked and tweaked with Audacity. This was especially tricky because the original recording was not timed out on a metronome. I had to use a fake guitar track I previously created (which is not in the finished song) to time out the original recording one... bar... at... a... time. Long process, but I'm really proud of the results.

The song itself was written about a friend Chris knew in school who commited suicide. It's called Byron.

Good to be back! :)
Never sweat the petty things and never pet the sweaty things. -George Carlin

DreadSpawn

Life can be hard sometimes. We all need an outlet, whether it be sex, speeding, violence or creation. I chose creation. Enjoy  .http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadSpawn2142?feature=mhum

Fear 2 Stop®

That was pretty nifty. Mixing Generator tracks with live instrumentation is *not* easy at all, but you did an ace job of it. Not 100% behind the vocals, but good enough for the track. Overall, good work on this.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

One bar at a time ? ... now here is a patient man.

The string work is truely brilliant mate. Which it climaxs at the chorus , with the chord progression , the vocal you really could have a hit on your hands on with this. Plus the repetitive line " Don't you feel foolish " brilliant...thats your song right there.
Really nice work , I hope you can take more time to get a better sound for the guitar and vocals...maybe a little touch of bass smoothing over the root notes at the chorus...would be perfect...brilliant song out of sad circumstances.