MESSAGES FROM HEAVEN

Started by pillagemyvillage, May 01, 2008, 11:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

well... ive been very busy the past couple of weeks! (damn work)  :'(
so this week ive been chipping away at this tune spending around 6 hours to create it.
it starts quite banging and then eases into more chilled trance...
i always make tracks with an big intro and outro just like a 12''. i guess this would be handy for the next timgul mix..!?
originally i wanted to make a different style track, maybe house or dnb... but this is what happened!
i always go for strings and a breakdown! i guess im addicted to trance!
anyway i hope you like the tune..!
its in mp3 so will be quick to upload... many thanks for listening  :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bnaglgtjmxk/Messages

DJ_Omnimaga

wow nice, how did you do that effect at the beginning behind the kickdrums? It reminds me some trance from 2002. And when the melody kicks in it's just awesome :). Prbly one of your best so far, it would fit very well in any DJ mix

pillagemyvillage

hmmm effect behind the kickdrum? ive used some of the samples from the in game artists, such as tony hewitt and photek. ive just changed the offset a bit and messed with the pan.
i always use a lot of layers of percussion as this really lifts the track... i use samples from snare, wooden and world as well as the traditional hihat and human...

DarkBliss

Wow.....

What can I say, this track is beautiful, you`ve certainly mastered the art of trance, sounds so pro.

Starts off slightly darker than your other stuff and evolves into a trance masterpiece!

Straight on to my ipod!
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

pillagemyvillage

many thanks guys... i like this track and im glad you do too..!
your comments make it all worth it!  :)

147 crew

Wasn't too harsh on the download time, seems BT r ok

I agree with the guys, great tune..loads of quality in there, wish I had an i-pod

RyceBeetz

once again you come with another bomb ass track!! i wish i had an ipod too...a lot more pocket friendly than a PSP hahaha...

anyway...i like...i like it a lot...keep it up!! ;D

TourqeGlare

Continually, I go:
That is NOT MG2!

I am, as always, astonished and impressed with your work.  ;D
Great job!

Oh, iPods suck, get a Sandisk Sansa.
All songs were made between 2001 and 2005,
unless otherwise noted)

I am not a proper musician, I do this for fun.
My songs suffer because of that...

I am more adept in the following:

My art:
http://tourqeglare.deviantart.com/

My novels:
http://stores.lulu.com/TourqeGlare

pillagemyvillage

many thanks for all your comments!
im not entirely happy with the final product though...
i think im gonna work on the melody and re upload... the bass is fine and the chords are fine its just the sounds used... maybe i want it to be more explosive..!  ;D

DJ_Omnimaga

I would recreate another topic and keep both versions, because I love this version a lot :)

TourqeGlare

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 12, 2008, 07:38:17 PM
I would recreate another topic and keep both versions, because I love this version a lot :)

Seconded.
All songs were made between 2001 and 2005,
unless otherwise noted)

I am not a proper musician, I do this for fun.
My songs suffer because of that...

I am more adept in the following:

My art:
http://tourqeglare.deviantart.com/

My novels:
http://stores.lulu.com/TourqeGlare

Not a Number

What I very much like about this track -- apart from the fact that it's over 9,000 minutes long, and I like my unconventionally lengthed songs -- is the fact that it transitions from (what I class as) rave to trance so slowly, you don't even notice; it's very rare that you find tracks that can do this.

pillagemyvillage

hmmm ok maybe i will just leave it... after another listen i like that it is quite chilled and yet thumping at the same time... similar to fanfare for timgul...
i find it tough to make a tune that has a real kick when bringing all the samples together after the breakdown. im always aprehensive when i reach that point in the tune... all the hard work of building the tune and then to find the main kick doesnt happen is annoying...
i also like long tunes around the 10 minute mark... i always construct my music for a dj mix with the long intros and outros...
maybe the only annoying thing about this track is that towards the end some notes are missed!
a big problem with mtvmg2... when you use loads of samples during playback some notes are missed...
music 3000 has this problem too... i dont ever recall music 2000 having this problem...
the only way around it is to delete some lesser percussion so the melody and bass remain intact...
something i need to do in this tune i feel...  :'(

DJ_Omnimaga

with music 2000, when lot of notes are used at once some seems to be played at lower volume and when increasing their volume there will always be one other note that will play at lower volume. Most of the time it isn't really noticeable though. Usually it means you're using way too many melody samples at once. In MTVMG2 does it only happens when you're using more than 24 channels? I am wondering if it couldn't be because the playstation has trouble supporting more than 24 or something...

pillagemyvillage

i find that notes are missed when using lots of layers of percussion bass and melody. you could only be using 10 channels i guess it depends how complex the bass and melody is.
with this track the melody has many layers spread out over many octaves. if there were not as many layers im sure play back would be fine...
the only way around it is to delete some percussion. i dont like deleting bass or melody as this is the most important part of the track. i remove some human or hihat sounds so everything else plays ok.
its annoying because i like to use many samples when making trance tunes!
the track im working on at the moment is playing back ok except for the kickdrum which is layered up so misses the occassional beat... maybe you cant win lol!

RyceBeetz

i hate when that happens too...i guess it IS a lose lose situation haha

.:DJ Droppin:.

HOLY BALLS!
Take it from someone like me who is nothing but a measly die-hard bass head and has never really dabbled into this genre of music. This is AWESOME.... Inspiring me to want to start messing around with a new type of music, or at least trying to create it.... I seriously doubt I could come close to this.... TOP NOTCH.

Ooooo and then 6:11 happens.... WOW that is simply primo! The melody, the strings, the piano....
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

CoLD SToRAGE

REALLY nice work... I'm impressed.  ;D

Keep up the good work!

Tim.
aka CoLD SToRAGE
________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep up to date with the world of CoLD SToRAGE - coldstorage.org.uk

pillagemyvillage

JCW

This is why JCW gets upset, because he hears how amazing Pillage can assort softsynth/pad samples so effectively!!! I only wish I could do this, I have so many ideas but have alot of trouble making this sort of thing work. You really are a great artist Pillage, this one is just yanking at my heartstrings as it's literally screaming '' You know this is the style you need to harness one day for some of your tracks! '' Another amazing track, top marks my friend. I can see the club in the distance now :)