Buon giorno mi chiamo Dark Bliss.

Started by DarkBliss, May 05, 2008, 10:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBliss

Hello,

I`ve been using this site for around 2 months so thought it`d only be polite to introduce myself properly too.
My name`s Phillip and I live in Manchester in the UK.

I started making music when the first incarnation of the Music series was released back in 1998-99?
I`ve always been on the creative side, I used to paint and write short stories, so when this game was released I just had to have it to see if I could be as creative in a different medium.

I remember the feeling I got after making my first couple of tunes, a real sense of accomplishment. (Suffice to say they were mostly made with the preset riffs and sound guff now, I know this because I still have them on old tapes, always good to listen to for a giggle!)

The more and more I played it the less premade stuff I used and the better my tracks got, back then I was making a lot of big beat style tunes inspired by the likes of Fatboy Slim`s 2nd album and The Chemical Brothers 1st album.

Then Music 2000 came along......wow. I distinctly remember buying it from Game the day it came out because I blew all my wages on a (then) new Sega Dreamcast on the same day!
Funny to think the Dreamcast has long gone but I still have Music 2000, eh?

Getting to grips with 2000 was a lot quicker and easier than it was with the regular Music game, a lot of the features and controls remained the same.
This is when I started to listen to a lot of trance, I was a nipper at the time and had just started to go out on the town where I`d hear this music and so started collecting trance compilations.
This in turn inspired me to make trance songs on Music 2000.

Throughout the next few years I made a lot of trance and chillout and finished my first album (I know album sounds a bit pretentious but I can`t think of another word to describe it!) "Sadness Through The Strobe Lights" which consisted of my personal favourites I`d created throughout the past couple of years.

Once I`d finished this I got the same feeling of accomplishment I`d gotten when I first made a decent song using the original Music and I didn`t make another song for at least 6 months.

During this time I started listening to a lot of indie/rock and also electronic/alternative stuff such as Radiohead (my favourite band), The Prodigy, Aphex Twin, Chemical Bros and Primal Scream etc.
This gave me more inspiration and I found myself returning to good ole Music 2000, churning out around 1 song per month.

At this time I was going through a pretty rough time in my life and without going in to too much detail, it showed in the songs I`d created over the past months.
My 2nd "album" :D "Omnipotent" was very different to the 1st, I dropped almost all of the trance elements from the 1st "album" and opted for much more electronic sounds.
This and the personal problems I was going through, resulted in a much more experimental and much, much darker sound.

When I`d finished this "album" I sort of......drifted away from Music 2000 for a few years, I made the odd track here and there (when I say odd track, I mean 1 a year!) and put together a compliation "album" of tracks from different years which never made it on to my proper "albums".
I dunno, I think I just had the feeling it was all a bit pointless making music if the only people who were gonna listen were members of your family (which isn`t really a good idea, try asking your mum to listen to a track, I can almost guarantee it won`t be the most informative of feedback) or certain friends.

Then I stumbled across this site and the whole thing, listening to other peoples music, having my music heard, chatting to people about a common interest, inspired me to fire up the old PS and start creating again!
I know I`m not the only one who thought they were the only one to still be using Music 2000/MTVMG2!
I just find it incredible that not only is there a whole site dedicated to the Music programs, there are tons of other really cool producers here too!

I`m gonna go now cos my fingers are hurting and I`m hungry, but before I do I`d just like to thank DJ Omnimaga for creating such a brilliant site and also the many great producers using this site for restoring my faith in an old Playstation game.

Cheers.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

DJ_Omnimaga

I'm glad people appreciate this site. I started it because I noticed a dozen of Music 2k users on Youtube around september. Then I stumbled on a music 2000 forum advertisment and tried clicking the link, but it lead to a virus, because the host was hacked. So I decided to ask in Yt comments if it would be worth it to start a MTVMG site and some ppl said i should make one. I also hated how on Youtube sound was mono and on file sharing site files were deleted after a month with no download,  so I tried to found cheap hosting with lot of diskspace and made a forum with some tutorials, and formerly including the entire Music 2000 manual (took pictures of each pages, removed later though in case of copyright infrigments), so people could share their work easier with other Music 2000, MTVMG2, MUSIC and Music 3000 users. I never expected myself there would be that many people producing cool stuff though. I was expecting about 10 or 12 people for half a year maybe.

Only trouble it went through so far is hackers who upload spam softwares in the folders, which I delete regulary, but I have been asking for help and support at some place now so I don't get my webhost account suspended again because of those troublemakers. It has been much less worse since I moved to SMF actually

pillagemyvillage

Quote from: Dark Bliss on May 05, 2008, 10:53:00 PM

When I`d finished this "album" I sort of......drifted away from Music 2000 for a few years, I made the odd track here and there (when I say odd track, I mean 1 a year!) and put together a compliation "album" of tracks from different years which never made it on to my proper "albums".
I dunno, I think I just had the feeling it was all a bit pointless making music if the only people who were gonna listen were members of your family (which isn`t really a good idea, try asking your mum to listen to a track, I can almost guarantee it won`t be the most informative of feedback) or certain friends.

i know what you mean! ive asked my mum to listen to tracks before... all she says is ''i love it''. this is coming from somebody who listens to elton john... not a good source of feedback..!
anyway i know what you mean with this site... its great that people are still producing and that you can get useful feedback... it inspires me to keep making tunes  :D

DarkBliss

Yeah, my mum listens to UB40......enough said! :D
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

DJ_Omnimaga

For me she mostly listens to CĂ©line Dion, Mika, Shaggy, Savage Garden, Aerosmith (slower stuff) or similar bands. She never listened to my music since she isn't into techno much, altough she was amazed by the CD covers I did once