Techno Strike 3000

Started by DJ Omnimaga, June 19, 2008, 04:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Ok, sometimes when I remix one of my old track using a similar genre I name it "Track Name 2008" or something like that. The reason why I renamed this remix of my old 2002 track Techno Strike is because it is my very first track ever made using Music 3000, which arrived today in my mailbox brand new from Ebay (altough since it's the NTSC version it is called Digital Hitz Factory). Hence the 3000 in the song title :P. But yeah, I messed around with the software a bit, got it to freeze on the first riff I ever created, meaning afterward I saved my song after almost every riff created/modified, then I decided to make a remix of one of my old songs, so I picked up Techno Strike. It isn't as complex as some of my recent Music 2000 songs obviously since I just got Music 3000 today, but I tried to make it as good as I could. The funny thing is that it only uses one premade riff, and it is a drum loop riff, which I modified to get rid of the snares and did some clones for parts of the song. The sawtooth techno synth is the sample technosawrus (sp?) which I edited using the sample editor by applying a filter to remove low frequencies under a certain level.

Since Music 3000 reverb effects are mono, like the samples <_<, and I have yet to figure out how to change note pan to introduce my own stereo trick, I ran the song through Nero Wave Editor stereo processor to add a bit of Stereo effect, altough not too much so the song doesn't sound weird. Here is it below:

pillagemyvillage

hmmm music 3000..... so what do you think?
i can hear youve picked it up very quickly! this tune is rocking!!
technosawrus is by far the best sample on the programme. bp sweep is also good...
there are loads of better samples to be used, but i just couldnt get to grips with the controls! also the crashing was very annoying!
anyway it doesnt sound like you have any problems with it so far!
so is this a new era for omni? or will you return to music 2000?
bloody breezy, bloody brilliant!!

DJ_Omnimaga

I am unsure if this is because it's the american version I own actually. I noticed mine says (c) 2004 instead of (c) 2003, maybe they changed some stuff and fixed some stuff, but I am unsure. All I know is that it crashed on the first riff I ever created on it, after editing some sound samples/cancelling. However I didn't got any other problems afterward since I was saving after almost every riffs created. I may have used like 6 or 7 riff sound channels max at one time x.x

However what I hate is that the entire sound is mono, even the reverb effects! In MTVMG1 and 2 the samples were mono but at least the reverb effects were stereo. Sure, the samples are 48 KHz and the song still sounds professional even mono but if you stick the song next to other professional songs the mono sound will be very noticeable. Also there seemed to be a note pan feature but I never really got able to access it.

For some reasons I like it a bit better than MTVMG2 though, because of the interface (altough I had to get used to click the smaller icons), the fact we no longer need to select sample quality (you just directly load the riff into the song that's all. If you want to change the sample rate you go into the sample editor), that sample quality is higher for almost all samples not from Music 2000 and I could change the scrolling to horizontally (that's the very first thing I did when I started my playstation XD) x.x

That said I will probably stick with Music 2000/MTVMG for a while though, because knowing Music 3000 can crash with complex songs kinda irks me and I don't like the mono sound. While I can easily add stereo using a sound editor on my PC with some songs it will sounds crappy. I will probably make some other Music 3000 tracks though :)

pillagemyvillage

yeah its the crashing that puts me off...
i have made alot of tracks with music3000 but the majority crashed or saved corrupt!
its a shame because it does have so many awesome samples...
ive just completely given up now... the last track i attempted to make was turning out really well.
i spent 2-3 days on it and it was actually sounding very good... and then when i was almost finished i loaded the track up and then bam! file corrupt...  :'(
this has happened so many times!
in the 3-4 years of using music 3000 i only managed to save 5 tracks successfully! 5 in 3-4 years!
so because of the frequencey of crashes i havent picked it up in months...
still its a great tune youve made, using the programme to the max...
i hope to hear more (as long as it doesnt crash on you lol!).