Help with Youtube please?

Started by DarkBliss, July 03, 2008, 05:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBliss

I`m trying to upload a few tunes on to Youtube but I`m not sure exactly how to do it. I have no videos as such but just want to upload my songs along with a static picture of some sort, can anyone explain what I need to do?

Thank you.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

147 crew

All you need is a screen capture device, DJ Omnimaga suggested Fraps. I haven't used that B4. I was using Cam studio, if you have XP or higher try Camstasia..seemed really good as youtube uses FLV files, it won't take long to upload. GOOGLE screen capture..should help  :D

DarkBliss

Thank you for your help 147!  ;D
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

147 crew

No worries, beens as I don't have XP I better try and help myself too!!

DJ_Omnimaga

I actually use my webcam to capture my MTVMG2 songs lol, but the audio cables from PS2 are connected into my PC and audacity set to record in line in mode so sound quality doesn't take a huge hit

147 crew

Maybe i'll go buy a webcam, seems like a good idea to me!

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah but if you plan to use it for recording music 2000 stuff make sure audacity is set to record from your PS1 still, else sound quality will obviously be very bad x.x

147 crew

get paid on friday so will definitely invest  :D

Until then I really need a FREE screen capture device or at least a trial, tried out fraps but you have to pay $40 so I guess around £20 for me. Any ideas on something else? Gonna keep tryin out a few, thought i'd found one AVI something but No devices available? I'll keep searching but if anyone has any suggestions  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

There is hypercam, but it is hard to capture sound in it, and even when it does it gets out of sync with the video speed. I still use it for some recording, though.

For fraps there seems to be a download section, I wonder if it lets you record for a certain amount of time? Either way, hypercam put a notice at the top of video when using the free version, so it is something to think about.

Not a Number

HyperCam fails on my PC.

I use CamStudio (not Camtasia Studio) for screen recording.

For recording audio from other devices (like when I recorded the stuff in "M2K") I used an 3.5mm-3.5mm Audio-In cable and recorded through Audacity.

DJ_Omnimaga

fraps actually records both audio and video (in avi format, but not compatible with YOutube so you need to resave it afterward with Windows Movie Maker), but yeah it's not free. Does CamStudio records sound too when you aren't making a mp3?

147 crew

Yeah Camstudio works really well, Gonna have to buy a license I reckon. Hypercam failed on my PC too  >:(

Not a Number

CamStudio can record sound, though I've only made one video on YouTube using it ...
Though that was on another emulator; whether it works outisde of that program recorded I don't know.