Just for fun... Name, Age, Occupation, Hobbies...

Started by pillagemyvillage, July 03, 2008, 06:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

hey, ive been thinking that apart from nick names i dont know much about anybody on here and yet i chat daily!
i know there is a introductions page, but nobody seems to post much about themselves apart from music related info!
so...

name: adam king

occupation: lifeguard - very boring but pays the bills! (joining police in august!)

hobbies: football, films (fight club and heat are my favs), chilling out - smoking, gaming (of course!), travelling.

interesting fact: my gran is friends with des o'conner (if you dont know who that is youre very lucky!)

Casper AudioGhost

name: charles "casper" patterson
occupation:well i have been on disability since i was 19 and have spent a lot of that time trying to figure out how on a fixed,very limited income how to compose techno/new wave/electronic music.i am on disability for basically being a very depressed teenager and mild cerebral palsy let's leave it at that cool
hobbies:i'm an avid collector of exploitation/cult movies especially public domain movies(films with expired copyrights) am very knowledgable about movies and music and i used to write short stories.i want to write a musical play using mmg1
that's all i got for now remember:always exploit cheap technology and screw the haters,follow your own path as an artist                             casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

DJ_Omnimaga

Name: Kévin Ouellet
Hobbies: I make music since 2002 (altough I stopped when my CD broke for 3 years), and atm it's one of my favourite hobby. Else I like listening to music and sometimes playing Starcraft or old SNES games (RPGs mostly). I used to program for TI-83+ calculators too (mostly RPGs too). You can see how it looks like (altough this is not a RPG):

As for production wise, no matter what it is, music or not, I tend to always go the easy way and I only produce with what I am comfortable with. I will lose interest making a song if when trying to create a riff and put it in a song I have to trial and error every key+mouse combination everytime I want to do an action, due to how complicated some professional softwares are. This is why I always used Music 2000 for music making and recently started switching to MTVMG2

DarkBliss

NAME - Phillip Doherty

AGE - 25

OCCUPATION - Data entry clerk (Mind numbingly tedious, I know!)

HOBBIES - I too am an avid collector of films, my taste ranges from cheesy 80`s comedies to obscure foreign language films. My favourite director is Stanley Kubrick, the man was a genius!

I couldn`t live without my music either, my favourite bands are Radiohead and Grandaddy. Went to see Radiohead at Old Trafford the other day and it was amazing.

I also like videogames but don`t play them nearly as much as I used to. I bought a Wii just to play The Legend Of Zelda as this is my favourite series of games ever!
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

zapphnath

Okay, sure, I'll join in, too.

My name's David and I'm about to hit the big "four-oh". 
I eek out a meager existence doing photo restoration/repair and editing work out of my home.

I'm a movie and tv buff and I like sci-fi/fantasy the best.  My favorite shows include Stargate SG1, Buffy/Angel, Firefly, and Rescue Me, but I do like a good sitcom, as well, such as My Name Is Earl and The Big Bang Theory (those geeks are funny as hell). 

Back in the good ol' days, I used to dig on some rap/hip-hop stuff but my main musical interests lie in rock and heavy metal.  My favorite bands include System Of A Down, Rammstein, Faith No More, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Disturbed, Hed(PE), etc., etc., etc..  I, also, tend to get bitten by the nostalgia bug, every once in a while, and will listen to some 70's music or Dean Martin or Tom Jones stuff.  And I was a big-time Prince fan up until a little after Parade came out.  I do like a couple of his songs that came out after that but I haven't really even listened to most of it - especially after he started preaching.

And I just LOVE the internet.  I get most of my news from DiGG and FARK and see most movies and tv shows through (sources that shall remain un-named, for obvious reasons).

I didn't really care too much for videogames, when I was younger.  In my late twenties, though, I got a used SNES with a couple of games and played DOOM and Phantasy Star II until my fingers bled.  After the SNES died on me, I got a PlayStation, along with the first Resident Evil and Tomb Raider games.  Tomb Raider was the greatest thing I'd ever seen (up to that point).  I remember the "butterflies in the stomach" feeling that I would get whenever she fell from a great height - it felt like I, myself, was falling.  It was so cool.  Eventually, I moved on to the PS2.  The GTA games were my favorites, as well as the Tony Hawk series, but I do love a good RPG, as well, with the Final Fantasy series being my favorites, in that category.  Since my PS2 died and I can't afford to replace it and my crappy computer can barely handle emulating SNES and Sega systems (and chokes on PlayStation emulators) I really haven't been playing a lot of games, recently.  On the PC side, I've always liked the "god games", i.e., Age Of Empires and The Sims.

Well, I guess that's more about me than anyone really needs to know. :D

DJ_Omnimaga

Did you liked Starcraft too? (some kind of Sci-fi version of Age of Empire) I still play this often but I suck at it x.x

bfr

Name: Brendan
Hobbies: Making music, programming (especially TI graphing calculator-related programming), doing math-related stuff

P.S. Happy birthday DJ_Omnimaga!

JincS

Name: Jarren Long
(Side Jobs): Computer Tech, Website Designer, Mechanic, Home Remodeler
Hobbies: Playing guitar/bass, C/C++ programming, WoW (yes, I'm a geek), and causing trouble :P

And Happy 22nd Kev :)

mesemdilo

Belgium : born 19.04.81 in Wilrijk living in Hoboken
hobby's :  i ame a professional artpainter visit my art : http://www.glandigoart.com/Kunst_van_Kunstenaar.asp?artist=229
my 3 american cars, i love them and bless them
making music for the safety of our nation

thats all,

iku

name: ivan nemcek

hobbies: listening to music, composing (music 2000 PSone), playing my keyboard, drawing, gardening, little bit of fitness

interesting fact: every year I look forward to summertime 8)
...let the music flow through your vains...

RyceBeetz

name: Bryan C.

hobbies: Basketball, drawing, makin music on my ps2 haha

interesting fact: I have 2 more years as an inactive reservist for the US Navy......stupid fine print!!!

.:DJ Droppin:.

Name: Rob
Occupation: None (Since 2001) I suffer from Cervical Vertigo in my neck which leads to crippling severe dizziness.
Hobbies: Music is my life, my passion, not just a hobby any longer. I am also a severe storm analyst/tracker as well as an online weather forecaster. Have to find things to fill the voids in my life now. This site has been a great thing for me, so I cannot thank you enough Kevin for creating it!!
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

pillagemyvillage

Quote from: mesemdilo on July 08, 2008, 07:46:19 PM
Belgium : born 19.04.81 in Wilrijk living in Hoboken
hobby's :  i ame a professional artpainter visit my art : http://www.glandigoart.com/Kunst_van_Kunstenaar.asp?artist=229
my 3 american cars, i love them and bless them
making music for the safety of our nation

thats all,

hi mesemdilo, pillage here, that art is simply amazing

JCW

Name: JCW

Occupation: NVQ2 Qualified Painter & Decorator, now a full time student on a HSS course working towards becoming a professional Historian and History Teacher.

Hobbies: Reading, Drawing, Gaming, Sleeping, Creating Music, My Websites, Decorating, History & of course,my partner.

Career Highlights: I've decorated film sets at Elstree Film Studios and two football grounds.

crimzon doom

Name: Elan harmon                                                                                                                         

occupation: lineman/DJ at a local club at night and some weekends
    hobbies: music art and video games...halo 3!!!...gears of war...RPG's...retro games
    My gamertag on x-box live is crimzon doom just like it is spelled here no caps if anyone playes online ;D
    P.S. im 27 and this site rules!!!
\\\\\\\"citius altius fortius\\\\\\\"

JulianNachash

Name: I don't think that's a tough one. ;)
Hobbies: music, gaming, smoking, American Football, writing poetry, Web-design, graphic arts, tabletop role-playing, Magic: The Gathering, frisbee, Philosophy & Paradox, Creative Thinking
------------------------------------
"Sanity is the only true fantasy."
------------------------------------

The Official Website of Julian Nachash: http://juliannachash.us/

quade77

Name: Steven "the baron" Snowdon lol
Occupation: was a plasterer, now a part time Trainee Sound Engineering Technician, doing The Audio Masterclass Music Production and Sound Engineering Online Course
Hobbies: massive mma fan, music, and making music, clubbing, hot girls, stand up comedy, smoking da herb,

147 crew

Name : James (JimBob/Majixherb)
Occupation : Full time Dad of a mad little boy, (the next Newcastle United NO.9) also Full time Stock Controller of a Major UK Supermarket (GROAN)
Hobbies : Football, Making tunes, Playing retro games,(just got out the old sega.) Staying up late, Baseball, surfing youtube, watching Sky Sports News, World Cinema, (Mainly Japanese Horror.)

Ambition : To get that last % on GTA vice city. Stupid Unique jump I can't find GRRRRrrrr  :D

Symphony

Name:
Sebastian

Other online nicknames:
ogkdr, KdR, Carbraxis, NylonNymphe, PurpleFox

student

Hobbies:
Bowling, Dekaron (online game, mmorpg), creating music (of course  ;D), writing stories and songs, fooling around with the RPG maker, moderating and writing guides in a forum (no I don't make advertise for it now  ;)), The Simpsons, South Park

Ambition:
To bowl a 237 and beat the record of my buddy   ;D

"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~