Wheel Of Fortune

Started by DJ Omnimaga, November 08, 2007, 01:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Like my remix of the french song "Tous Ces Cris Ses S.O.S" this one was also recorded on tape using a microphone, I was supposed to rewrite it from scratch using the Music 2000 on my playstation emulator but I discovered you cannot import samples from CDs using an emulator since it makes Music 2000 freeze literally, and this song use a sample from Ace Of Base's Whell Of FOrtune song, which is why I am uploading the bad quality one.

THis song is pretty old skool, similar hardcore could be heard in U.K. raves in the mid 1990s

DJ_Omnimaga

Good news! I finally got a second copy of MTV Music Generator so I could finally post this song in better quality again. This file was 9 blocks on my memory card so I'm glad I could finally get rid of it.

I might do a second version of this song without the lyrics from Ace Of Base though, with new melody.  I alerady have one with no lyrics, but it's not as great, so I will have another. However, since MTVMG/Music 2000 doesn't seems to work well on my PS2 (freezes when loading samples), I will need to do this on my bro PS2, which seems to run it fine, save, then go back on mine lol (since the PC is in my bedroom). I hope you enjoy this song in its better sound quality. It has been sitting on my memory card since late december 2003 when I got into happy hardcore and I only had an old crappy tape recording made with microphone x.x

DJ_Omnimaga

For some reasons the song never made it to the forums, probably a server problem, here is it now:

Casper AudioGhost

this is terrific!i didn't really get into the original track but this remix is pretty brilliant and the sample quality is dam good.you got the right balence of elements and this sounds very pro.great job :)
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

DJ_Omnimaga

thanks a lot. Actually the sample is at 11 KHz. I could have recorded at 22 but it would have taken 15 blocks on memory card back then :(

Btw, does these 360 blocks PS1 memory cards REALLY work?