Timgul Anthem (Demo)

Started by DJ Omnimaga, November 10, 2007, 08:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Ok here is the lastest tune I am working on in Music 2000. It's a freeform hardcore song like those you can hear on most recent albums of the Bonkers, Helter & Skelter Hardcore Adrenaline  and Slammin Vinyl Hardcore Heaven series.

For this song I used the technique explained in this tutorial to make my hardsynths/bass stereo, this way they sounds even more harder and much more professional than when just adding reverb over the notes. This is the first time I use this technique in one of my songs. I had to move riffs around a lot though because it required a lot more sound channels, but yes, I managed to cram this in 24 channels :D

It is much more aggressive than my previous stuff (with the exception of Speedcore Evil Massacre obviously) and it isn't finished yet, but you can hear what I got so far:

pillagemyvillage

oh i love this track! really really cool! what do you use for bass and melody? im intrigued!

DJ_Omnimaga

i think i had a video uploaded somewhere that showed them, but idk where anymore. I will check through my FTP folders.

Btw this version wasn't finished tho, it's the one that was used in the Timgul advert, but in the full version it doesn't have the piano premade riff anymore

pillagemyvillage

yeah i was expecting the piano! i guess the advert needed the piano because it is a sound that is very familiar to mtvmg users...
but without the piano is just as good because i like most tunes without alot of premade riffs... (although im guilty of using them sometimes!).
i loved the advert, i love this tune... banging!

DJ_Omnimaga

I used the premade riff (altough modified) so it's recognizable from MTVMG then went with an hard melody to show that MTVMG wasn't just capable of doing hip hop or house

EDIT:

pillagemyvillage

lol hip hop! i dont like much hip hop... i wonder if there are many hip hop creaters on mtvmg? i forget just what you can make on mtvmg... pretty much all genres i guess..!

DJ_Omnimaga

on youtube before you and me came in it seemed like 90% of the mtvmg songs I found were hip hop. On myspace it's still the same thing, and if you google MTVMG and find tunes it will most likely be hip hop