*REVISED - Ocean of Sadness ft. Anita Kelsey - REVISED*

Started by RyceBeetz, July 15, 2008, 09:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyceBeetz

Okay, so I tweaked this song a little bit more...

-tweaked the bassline, like i said i would
-added a lil more blips
-added a lil more strings
-added an adlib to the singer
-changed the settings from "hall" to "space" so it has a more echo / distant feel to it.

i hope you guys (and gals) like this one as much as i do...this is probably my best trance track so far..... ;D

-RyceBeetz

-EDIT

oh yeah i also added a lil more hi hat...the closed hi hat... :D

DJ_Omnimaga

this is awesome, are the lyrics imported into the program or added using another software? It sounds really like some eurotrance/eurodance stuff I heard. Awesome :)

RyceBeetz

nope, its all from the game (mtvmg2 for ps2)...instead of using the pre-made riff i create my own...just used the vocal samples that they have...i also chopped it a little to add the adlib...the only other program i used was nero, and that was only to record to my laptop haha...

DJ_Omnimaga

wow this is awesome, I never managed to use the vocal samples like this in my songs. They never seemed to match

RyceBeetz

I know what you mean...they are a little cheezy as well...i was inspired by pillage with his remixes of busted up  ;D...

For this particular song, i put the basic lyrics together first, then worked around it.  first added kicks and hi hats and snares and then moved on to bass then melody.  i do a ripple effect where i start with one part and keep adding...kinda like ryan leslie.  he's an inspiration...check out his videos on youtube... he does rnb, but the process can work for any music genre...

pillagemyvillage

wow im instantly in love with this... im seeing a big sunset...
really well made, i love this type of dance... really relaxed...
this is your best so far... sounds AWESOME!! 11/10  :)

RyceBeetz

wow!! 11/10 huh?? haha thanks pillage!!

sorry i havnt been on lately...havnt been creating music lately either...college is burnin me out already!! haha and the summer session JUST started!!

DJ_Omnimaga

you mean you have school during summer??? O.o That must sucks

pillagemyvillage

yeah id give it 11/10 just for the melody and great use of vocals.
you may have already mentioned but what are you studying?

DarkBliss

Yeah, this is one of my faves from you so far too, I can just see Ibiza now! Top notch use of the vocals by the way...top tune.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

iku

Wow, this track is perfect... I am speechless.
Well done!!!
...let the music flow through your vains...

RyceBeetz

sorry so late, but im studying graphic design at the art institute of california - san diego...this quarter has been craaazy...i dont like the summer sessions either...but i now know why its only 3 years for a bachelors degree...coz its all year!!!