147 crew aka Majixherb

Started by 147 crew, December 09, 2007, 01:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

147 crew

Hi i'm Jim from the UK, I go by the name 147 crew. I got the name from the Pizza hut I once worked in.. HUT NO 147. Sounds ok.. I don't write music seriously, just having fun with sounds, sometimes it sounds good..sometimes not..but hey MUSIC is supposed to be enjoyed and when I didn't enjoy what was being released and I wanted to hear MUSIC I decided to write my own..I mean chart MUSIC sucks nowadays, well most of it..still listen to Dnb but not much else. So DnB is my favourite genre, but am open to most styles, I love heavy BASS lines, melodic harmonies, anything with rhythm basically, hope you enjoy my MUSIC..

I have used MUSIC2000 n 3000 since around 2000 suprisingly.. BRING ON THE BASS!!

3 of my most listened tunes..

Sting of Tellus- (Music2000)

Beat Down- (Music2000)

Saigon- (music2000)

DJ_Omnimaga

Haha about the name thing, for some reason I found it nice tho, and I think it's good to try to make your own music when you don't like the chart stuff, because it bring something new.

I liked some of your songs, especially the lastest ones uploaded in the past weeks. Too bad the sound quality was bad I would have liked mp3 versions (altough I noticed you've been releasing some of the songs in .ogg format recently) :(

Anyway welcome here I hope you enjoy the site :)

I have about 50 tunes here and on my other website that aren't all on youtube because it takes a while to upload videos there x.x

147 crew

haha, thanks alots.. yeah I saw all the tunes in the topic, WOW..lots to get through, will commence soon, uploading more tunes, i'm not that computer literate but i'm getting there.. any ideas you have to improve my tunes, please share as I still have saves for most of them.. BASS!!!

DJ_Omnimaga

well unfortunately since i dont do drum and bass nor breakbeat I can't help much but i can link you to some examples (sample tunes not made with music generators) to help you on structure:

http://kanibalz.com/hardcore/breakbeathc1.mp3
http://kanibalz.com/hardcore/breakbeathc2.mp3
http://kanibalz.com/hardcore/breakbeathc3.mp3

of course those samples are from the early 90s so you could change the piano to soemthing else if you don't want it to be old school ;)

pillagemyvillage

i love how you've got your name!
when i first saw your name on youtube i thought you were part of a rap group like so solid crew.
i thought you were actually a crew! you know about 20 of you all sat in a house with a playstation making beats! how wrong i was lol!  :lol:  

147 crew

LOL, that would be fun, I do have a couple of collaberations Scottys riff + an unfinished tune called Crash n Bun which is on tape but I will put it up soon.. will upload the original scottys riff too as I totally changed it..cool idea to have a crew round a playstation though!!

I don't think DJ Majix would work as I have never spun a record in my life and the other possibility Jimmy C, sounds a bit childish  :P

147 crew

Thought i'd add a quick update as since I joined my MUSIC has changed dramatically, for the better I hope.

On my posts there are 2 links..

One is to youtube- My homepage where you can find videos of my tracks,(not really videos just cool pics with my tunes playin'.) Some are variations of the mp3's I have uploaded here, early works or just one off songs. It also contains my HUGE playlist of some of my favourite tunes, gotta check it out!!

Second is to my FACEBOOK page dedicated to my MUSIC, very easy to use no downloads needed...as TIMGUL only allows around 6 minutes worth of sound this is a great place to upload my MEGA versions of tunes. 1 is 15 minutes, another is 12 minutes...loads of tracks on there...feel free to visit and leave comments

I don't actually think I have ever finished a tune, just when the screen gets too full I start to get confused and kinda move on to the next project..all good fun  :D

Visit the D'n'b genre as all my tunes are there apart from one I think..

.:DJ Droppin:.

Welcome  ;D

and now I am friggin starving for some pepperoni pizza :O LOL!
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

147 crew

Yeah I miss the free food, also making yr very own mini stuffcrusts was much fun

Just so you all know the name is 147 crew said as the words for the numbers (one-four-seven) Minor detail