the exploitation of cheap technology

Started by audioghost, May 30, 2008, 03:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casper AudioGhost

i really thought i was one of the only people who had mastered the art of composing with mmg.i am so happy i found this site!i have so much music that i have composed on mmg,over 100 tracks in fact that i have converted to mp3 on my hard drive.i wish i still had all the recordings i made to cassette back in the day,about 2001-2002.i hope to chat with others who can relate to the journey i have been on,and who share my personal philosphy of the exploitation of cheap and seemingly obsolete technology such as old casio keybords and of course mmg.thanx a million:)                        casper

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

zapphnath

I know what you mean.  I was so surprised to see that a site like this actually exists.  More surprised to see how active it is, even after all of the years that have passed since the Generator was released.

DJ_Omnimaga

I am glad you like this site, nice to see you around. I like your stuff btw, altough I only listened to the tracks you posted here so far.

I myself are amazed that many people still do MTVMG stuff, considering the last MTVMG software was very bad and dates back 4 years ago and the last good one (Music 3000) dates back in early 2003

Casper AudioGhost

i know the sound quality on a lot of my stuff s not great but for me that is a non issue.i am very poor on disability so free expression with mmg1 is all i really have to keep me sane.i know i have some talent,maybe not as much as you guys but it is there i just want to write interesting music and inspire others.i am not looking to get signed,it would be nice but who am i kidding?i would love to work in a recording studio or something but for now i'll just do my thing.props and much respect to all.
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

DJ_Omnimaga

Kinda same here. I love how easy it is to express myself with MTVMG. When I get an idea that needs to get out I can almost make it right now. I am not planning to get signed either, altough maybe eventuallY i might try selling some of my tracks on iTunes or something. Just not publishing them at a label, even if I know some artist got MTVMG stuff signed before

As for bad sound quality, for the recent tracks that you just recorded you could always upload a lower quality on the site if the song is above 6 minutes, and add a savefile.com link as well linking to a 128k or higher mp3 file.

Not a Number

I'm actually planning on burning and shipping my music myself; I'm not planning on getting signed either, mostly because I think the quality of my songs aren't "signable" yet.

Although I still use MTVMG/M2K, I am looking for similar music softwares, as I have to use M2K on my PSX emulator, and because my PC isn't particularly "high-spec", I get a lot of skipping; upping the program's priority just makes it worse D:

zapphnath

I had dreams of making it in the music biz, myself, when I was younger.  Of course, the time for that has long since passed me by.  When I was at the right age to get into it (the 80's), I didn't fit the physical profile of the people who were being signed - I wasn't a 90 pound anorexic kid with big hair and didn't wear make-up.  Who wants to see some fat guy singing on stage?  I mean, sure, you've got Meatloaf and that guy from Blues Traveler and... and... um... I guess that's about it.  Nirvana changed the way people look at rock musicians, sure, but they came along a little too late for me.
Creating music with the Generator was always more of an outlet for my creativity than a way to become famous, or anything.  I wouldn't trade my experiences with it for the world.