Slip THRU Cool

Started by J-Vibe, March 23, 2008, 02:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Vibe

Youtube:

A Track from the 3rd of my game soundtrack projects (And the second one im not working on alone.)

Man, this is an Odd One. But i'll explain how it came to be the best i can.
I was browing youtube one day, randomly listening to Song's people had uploaded, when i cam across THIS:

Well, insperation hit me like a Brick with this one. I thought, "If Sanodg can make a Rave/Jazz tune, I can make something similer!"
I didn't want it to be a Rave/Jazz tune, though. So i sort-of went with the Rave Half of the song first, and waited to see what came up. And what did i come up with?
... Noir. Freakin' NOIR MUSIC XD HOW i ever came up with that is beyond me. But what the hell- It works like a charm! (For those not-in-the-know, the Noir parts of the song are the "Arco-String" riff's, and the Piano Chords. For those even MORE Not in the know, Noir is a genre of film or book that focuses on Crime, and was very popular in the early 1900's. A Lot of films would make use of Piano Chords and various String Instruments in their soundtracks.)

The only problem is that those acursed bloody Piano Chord's Don't match up with ANYTHING Other then the riff using a combo of Major and Minor Tink. It was HELL Getting them to work anywhere else (You can ever hear for yourself it doesn't match up with the second half of the "Aah Vox 1/2" Background Riff.)

I'd also like to note that i accidently messe up in recording. I missed out the first 2 Blocks of the song, explaning why it might sound a little odd. Dunno how i managed that one, eeh ^^;

Well, enjoy!
Do You Dream? And if you do, will you Dream with Me?

J-VIBE AND DJ BODO- A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN, HELL, AND PUGATORY.
'J-VIBE AND BODO'S COMPLETE FUNK-TRANCE MYSTERY'
COMMING SOON. REEEEEEEEEAL SOOOOOOOOON...

DJ_Omnimaga

wow that piano/harp at the beginning is awesome. The song reminds me some of those breakbeat songs from illegal rave days