HELP- Bad Case of writers block

Started by quade77, October 16, 2008, 12:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quade77

i really don't know what is going on with me at the moment, i want to make some new tunes but i am seriously lacking in drive and idea's???? i have 3 tunes in the pipe line at the mo, one on music 3000 witch just don't wanna work for me, and 2 on MG2 witch are half done, its really pissing me off, because i know i can do great tunes when i put my mind to it but i just simply cant put my mind to it....

i have a feeling its because i used to be a massive smoker of the green funky stuff aka Marijuana, and all my best tunes were made when im high as giraffe pussy,,,,, ;)  and all my tunes were made when i was stoned, but now i have cut down in a huge way due to feeling weird around my new girlfriend when im buzzin, so im thinking to myself, "shit was it me making the tunes or was it the weed mannnnnnnnnn lol"

maybe i should just take time out from my chick on the odd weekend and get smashed and see what happens, but that has a flip side because, when i smoke skunk nowadays i get so smashed out my head and can find the concentration to make tunes, its like catch 22?? i never used to have a problem because i was always stoned but now im mostly sober it hits me harder???

fucking weird man, i hope this is not the end of my musical creation period and i have lost my nack!!!  :'(

anyone else have anything close to this?? or suffer from any other kind of writers block?? any suggestions on how to get over this shit would be awesome.....

PS i do not recommended people taking drugs in anyway, but they are awesome :) lol     just kidding  :P

Casper AudioGhost

dude i understand,most of my songs were composed in a state of ganga.i am currently not smoking for personal reasons and financial.my only advice is what i say to my self.get in there and make a bassline,if that's all you can do then let the track write itself in your head.i dunno if that will help but you are a very great producer and your music inspires me,much love    casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

147 crew

I was gonna quote the whole piece as I totally understand where your coming from. Maybe make up some random beats and stuff, leave lots of spaces, when yr a bit mashed go back and sort out what you got down. I was stoned for 7 yrs whilst making tunes, not as bad now. "drugs are bad, don't do drugs mmmmk"

Listen to some of yr favourite tunes aswell, always helps me anyway

JCW

I'm suffering it right now Quade, I have around 7-10 tracks in waiting/need to be finished/pipeliners and a new album to start work on I have the ideas but just can't produce the riffs! I hope our talents return soon, I'd love to get started again.

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah I hate when I get this, I got 3 tunes that has been sitting on virtual memory cards that are like 8% finished and they haven't been worked on for over a month. I can be 4 months without making new tunes

quade77

thanks for the comments on this subject guys, kinda glad to see im not the only one then, maybe i should just get over it and force myself, or just wait and see if i get my mojo back kinda thing lol