Re: 6 MB upload cap increased to 20 MB

Started by DJ Omnimaga, February 21, 2009, 03:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Season 8

I just read it dude, and yeah I appreciate that you spoke to him but at the end of the day, what kind of picture does it paint that he shut the board down over an argument, or that he banned Quade just because he didn't like what he was saying? Quade should be allowed back, that's the bottom line. Insults will most likely be thrown around, but when you think about it, how can they not be?

JCW

I understand, I just think people can control what they type. Like I said, haywire. It just got out of hand. Insults will be thrown and I think we need to have broad shoulders to get past this. I can speak for Omni when he says he doesn't want to lose Quade or anyone else over this, it's apparent from what he is saying, he was just trying to do what he thought was best as an admin. Omni, you can dislike what I say here but reading on and thinking about it the PM was extreme, but we can't change it now. We just need to go forward. Once again, please unban Quade so we can all settle this as TIMGUL brothers. Keep TIMGUL alive, like 147 says.

Season 8

You have got it right on point there, we need to have broad shoulders to get through this. Quade won't hold back and he needs to realise that.

JCW

I know, I tried my best to keep this diplomatic and stop other fights erupting and to get the site back online primarily. I think I've succeeded but I'm f*cking worn out now, been doing this since around 7am it's now 3pm. Think I'm just gonna chill out for a while, I've done what I can for now and I'll have to see what happens. Cheers.

Season 8

I was up till 4am talking to everyone, from Quade, to Nakamura, to Omni himself, and pulling the forum down seems like a bad thing to do, almost like taking your ball and going home. Let's see where we go from here.

Casper AudioGhost

cheers jcw and all my friends,we need this forum an we need each other,this site is for hardcore music series producers because we don't fit into other music forums as well so remember the passion to keep using the software that motivates you to create.ppl will move on and do their ownn thing with their own agenda but we who want to keep making music with music software,we will be here.i think we should form a label to release cxompilations and maybe meet in voice chat to share sets of or music.we can stick together.it's about us not i.peace and massivr respect to all  casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

JCW

DarkBliss

"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

pillagemyvillage

JCW

Lol Pillage, or Jeremy Kyle.

" Today on Trisha Goddard... "

quade77

i never wanted this to happen, i thought we was all cool, and that we could say how we felt, i don't hate you or anyone, i just think we needed to talk about it, what can we do to make it all better? i showed the PM first because it was to do with omni and me only, no one else but omni brought in other people, thats not fair man, im not mad at you i just think we could have sorted it before it got this far,

i do want peace and don't want you to close the site, because we all love it, and some people are getting really good now, as for me saying about how many people are good at making music, of course you are one of the best, and there are more then a few, and i have respect for everyone that makes music, some peoples stuff i have not got to listen to yet as well, so dont take it to heart.. we don't need to hate i feel we can make up and be friends again, but its up to omni:)

im sorry to everyone that feels i was mean to them but it really was not like that, PM should stay PM, if i wanted to hurt a persons feelings i would have said it to that person of posted on there topic,

look to make up for this i want to do a awesome mix of everyones music including omnimaga, i do say things in anger sometimes, we all do, i was brought up tough, and to stand up for myself, i don't class myself as a weak minded or venerable person because of that, i have had it hard man, i have lived on the streets in the past for months, been is trouble with the cops, gone though lots of my friends being killed, and 3 good friend in the last few years, and the shit has made me hard, but i still keep my feet on the ground and try my best to treat people how i would like to be treated, now im a different person, and i have made it good, i have a great girlfriend amazing friends a nice place to live, and all the important things in life.. so this to me is quite small on the scale of what i have been though in the past and is easy for me to forgive and forget, because things could be much worse.

again sorry, and a personal sorry to omni if i have hurt your feelings, can we end this now please?

peace quade77

pillagemyvillage

JCW

I've been stressing, debating, fighting, begging, doing all I can all day to end this... and I have to say, well said Quade, thanks for not making me fight in vain.

DJ_Omnimaga

Hi Quade,

I never wanted this to happen either. Until three days ago, everything was going fine and we didn't had any problem. There was the smug issue that I discovered the day of your first ban but this was solved (I warned Audioghost to try not doing it again, though, especially since your comment was not even bad, but it was the first time where I seen such comment from him). I never realised a simple savefile filter would have brought up such issue. I simply did it to make the song showcase more uniform, because I did notice a lot of old songs leading to 404 Not Found error (If you check Redmispete songs I believe there's quite a lot of these there, too) and I wanted to make sure people can listen to everything no matter what internet browser he uses. But this wasn't appreciated, so afterward seeing this caused so much ordeal I simply reenabled savefile. Afterward, I edited the "How to upload files" topic, though, recommending to use the built-in forum uploader. I apologise for the trouble this might have or have caused for you, pillage and with the DJ mix.

As for the PM thing, I didn't realised it would be seen as such a bad thing, since I have access to PMs in the first place and most forums even have a report PM button. I just did it so that people know that bashing members in their back was against the forum rules, PM or not, but this was not appreciated. Maybe I should just have changed the names and posted some fake anonymous PM as example of what's not allowed, but Idk, maybe this wouldn't have been right either. Anyway, I am sorry for the trouble this have caused too. personally I don,t hate you and have always been willing to accept any apology coming from you. I was just worried because every single move I did on the forums since Feb 19th were looked upon by almost everyone, and this makes me questionned about if my work on the site is really appreciated anymore like it used to by everyone. I didn't felt welcome anymore either, which is why I closed the site. I was so pissed that I went out of my bounds and flooded your guestbook, which I should never have done, and I apologise for that. I have a serious problem controlling myself sometimes when I feel attacked and have been working on this for the past 17 years alerady.

JCW and AUdioghost convinced me to bring it back up and I did, but afterward I seriously felt even less welcome. I am glad that you don't hate me, personally I didn't hate you. I was just angry at how this turned out and wished this could have been solved. I wish this never happened and I think I am never going to be able to escape it now, since The Lyricist and Nakamura won't give up badmouthing me about the PM. I also feel that I do not deserve to run this forum anymore, because from what I saw, I do not have the skills to do so anymore. Every move was criticized, no matter how hard I tried, so why should I bother anymore? This is why I decided to apologise to you in public as well, not just in private, but there are chances that this might be my last post ever on the forums.

I hope we can be friend again and eventually move on from this set of mistakes I did. I do also hope people can forgive me for what I did. I hope people can forgive anything bad quade might have did (if any) and same for every other members.

quade77

have to say me and omni have been speaking by PM and the last post and the one i sent before where also PMs but i sure he wont mind as its all good in the hood now, this was also a PM but ill let you guys see it so you know we are cool now,

thats cool man , i totally understand what you are saying, and im sure we can sort this out, you need to know that everyone loves what you have done for the music series, and the work you put in to the site, i for one thinks you are a very talented person and have always said that to you and others before, we are from different worlds by the sounds of things with what we have been though in the past,
but life gos on, no point in hating, ive had enough hurt in my life and don't feel the need to have it here too, im a bit sad about my web site i must say, it took me a very long time to learn how to make a site of my own as i don't have a clue what im doing and the skills that you do, lol  but hey you was angry and needed to vent it on me and i can understand that, don't worry i forgive you, and hope you forgive me,  what don't break you makes you stronger, thats what i think,

dont suppose you know a way i can sort my guest book out do you? as i have no clue,lol

peace as always steve

JCW

Thank god it's over. Thank god. I just wanted you guys to make up and it's been done. *Screams into a pillow*

DarkBliss

Just to let everybody know I`ve now re-uploaded all my songs directly to the forums (except "Sadness Through The Strobe Lights" which was too big and had to be uploaded to Mediafire instead).

Whilst going through them all I came across two songs which I won`t be re-uploading at all, so could you delete them for me please Omni?

They are "Victorious" (Techno/Trance) and "Scream" (Ambient/Other).

Cheers.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Not a Number

Glad to know things are being patched up. I kinda missed the whole thing* to begin with so my views are a little different to most others here
(*I guess you could say that was both a good thing and a bad thing; If I did witness the whole thing and the worst did happen, at least I'd know. >.>)
Quade, if Savefile's the only site that works for you, I recommend getting a Ripway account. It's only a mere 30MB for a free one but you get much more with a paid one (that and you need to log in every month or so to keep your account if you have a free account - I learnt the hard way)

JCW

quade77

thanks not a number, i will give it a try mate ;D, i will also try mega upload once again to get the PMV and Quade mix sorted, again thanks for your help :)