The Place I Feel Safest [HIP HOP, CHILLOUT] -DEMO-

Started by J-MACHine, October 24, 2010, 01:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

A short demo i've only been working on for about 20 minutes or so. I've got a lot more work to do on it, and a laod of idea's i want to add into it, but i'm happy with what i;ve got so far, and i needed to present a quick demo to the person who's project this is intended for, so i figured that since i'd gone through the trouble of recording it for him, i could share it with you lot as well.
Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Master Dutch

nice one man...ive always been a fan of that strumming guitar too....

Koolassjoe

This is exceptional. And too damned short. Really impressive J. If you do, Make this a masterpiece!
The One and Only, Koolassjoe

www.facebook.com/Koolassjoe
www.myspace.com/koolassjoebeats

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/Koolassjoe
www.gimmesound.com/Koolassjoe
www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe

www.youtube.com/koolassjoe
www.animemusicvideos.org/search/quick.php?criteria=Koolassjoe

J-MACHine

@ Dutch: I know, as much as i'm not keen on some of the distorted guitar sounds, generally all of the Acoustic/Electric sounds are really nice. But they're a NIGHTMARE to work with, haha!

@ Joe: Oh i certainly plan to Joe, hahaha! Thank you!

Fear 2 Stop®

Really like this so far. LOVE the bassline especially. I do like the strumming guitar, and the main beat that comes in. Now, I must be honest, the initial rhythm part, with the hi-hats...I really wasn't feeling. It also was off the beat...something else needs to go there. But again, this is a demo, so I'm sure the final cut will blow me away. As for what you should do next...I think the pads need to have their moment in the sun, in the very next section. Just my two cents!

With all that in mind, overall this is excellent. Do me a favor...PM me when you update this song. Looking forward to it!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

J-MACHine

I keep getting complaints about the drums, so i reckon i'm going to scrap them and go for an entire song rework in an entriely different genre, or i must just scrap the song entirely (though the latter is very unlikely).

Fear 2 Stop®

Don't scrap it, and don't scrap the drums. It's *just* the hi-hats, and really it would be a minor adjustment... when I say it's off the beat, it's off by like a second or two, literally. Won't take too much work...trust me.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

J-MACHine

I've gone for reworking the original drum pattern a bit anyway, as, like i said earlier, you're not the only one thats had an issue with them. Quite a few people have had something to say about them, be it a slightly different issue with every person (one simply thought they didn't fit stylistically, another said the kick was too "lifelesss", for example). I was starting to dislike the way i'd put the drums together myself as well, anyway. I also figured out that it wasn't the hi-hats, it was a backup rhythm originally made w/ the 'Morning' sample (changed it to 'zap', i think), which i've fixed for use a little bit later on. Assuming i've edited the right thing.

Fear 2 Stop®