The Thing That Should Not Be [Glitchy Reality Ver.] [GLITCH, LO-BIT]

Started by J-MACHine, November 28, 2010, 10:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

I'm in a rush, so i've got to be breif, i'm afraid. This is one of three new pieces for a project i'm working on.

The entire idea behind this was comming up with something that sounded very poor quality, crackly, and downright odd on purpose, whilst invoking a feel i described to a friend as "Well, shit, there goes reality, tearing appart at the seems and making a general chaotic mess of things.", as the boss it's supposed to be used against is... Well, pretty much doing just that, tearing reality appart.
For once, i managed to get M2K's flip-flop nature in regards to when the phase effects worked as they should, or instead just added a layer of static over the riffs, as well as the general errors or clicks you got from fusing samples together, to my advantage. I also worked my "make certain samples loop in a way that winds up sounding odd and technically incorrect" habit into it in a few places, but it isn't the most triumphant example of it i've done.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Wow J this is really good.
Its got this sorta old school street fighter vibe to with the main melody , I love all the sounds that interact within it - the pads , the strings , that cool lil blip sounding thing...I have no idea what that is...but it rocks...
It's got a hell of a groove to it and its a catchy fucker.
Love the ending fade-out...and you bring up the drums again and - silence. :)

DreadSpawn

I love that stop/start sound, very catchy. This is a bloody good game track, its very impressive. NICE!
Life can be hard sometimes. We all need an outlet, whether it be sex, speeding, violence or creation. I chose creation. Enjoy  .http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadSpawn2142?feature=mhum

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

this is one catchy ass song.  i agree with dreadspawn...i luv dat stop/start sound.  amazin work j.

Master Dutch

great work here man. You create some crazy shit. Glitchy and lowbit but not in the production. Very polished and progressive.

J-MACHine

Cheers, everyone! Glad this one's gone down well, considering it's experimental nature.

@ DreadSpawn & ZoDiaC - Hahaha, yeah, i like the stop/start sound as well. I've heard it used in a couple of other songs before and wanted to try it out myself.

@ Dutch - Reading the words "You make some crazy shit" just made my day, no joke. It means i'm doing my job RIGHT.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™