Knowlesy00 ~ Decimate + Parallels

Started by Қлөщłєşү[¤¤], April 02, 2011, 02:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

I never really had much time to write anything this week and when I did it was shi...not very good.

So last night I had picked up the guitar , again at a stupid time in the morning when I could'nt sleep and these two popped out.

Decimate - My usual kinda guitar , strings , Two Steps from Hell kinda thing.

Parallels  - A kind of...experimental track like Oceanviews , Echoes etc.

Anyhoo ... ciao for now.

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

Decimate: nice and upbeat...sick piano melody and nice arps...oh, sick ass slow down at 2:05 and dat breakdown at 2:27 is crazy (luvin dat piano).
Parallels: very peaceful...the low reverb on da drums sound great (nice drum pattern btw)...like how da tone picks up later on in da track.
these songs are amazing, keep it up knowlesy

.:DJ Droppin:.

SON OF A...  ... Holy pancakes  :o You are a 1 man band who needs to be signed.... People need to hear your sound, style, the emotion, the brilliance of melodies harmoniously playing along with exact precision. Seriously.... You are INCAPABLE of making poor music, or failing. Incredible.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

I believe that was my first "Holy Pancakes" reaction lol

I honestly cannot thank you enough (in any language) for your wonderful comments Rob. I truely hope that one day I might be in some sort of position that people can enjoy the noise I create. But for now , at this moment in time nothing gives me more joy than that feeling when your halfway through a song an you go back to the beginning to play up to what you've written to see if its any good , or needs something more or something needs to be subtracted from the mix , and on the average day I'll need add or subtract , but every so often I'm very lucky an it all falls into place an I get that feeling that I know it'll be a keeper. Something that I'll never ever delete from my memory card.

ArcaneFuture

Decimate - usual epic wonderfulness - love the piano breakdown at 2:28
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

www.soundcloud.com/arcanefuture

ArcaneFuture

Parallels - awesome! Even better than Decimate IMO.

(BTW this was supposed to be one post but I didn't know you couldn't Cancel once started and in my eagerness to respond I leapt in before listening to Parallels!  :-[)
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

www.soundcloud.com/arcanefuture

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Cheers AF :) glad you liked em mate.

I really like Decimate and Parallels. Just really depends on my mood at certain times is what clinches it.

Thanks again.

DJ Eddy

I totally agree with rob, You are the one man band and u just keep gettin better and better m8.
Amazing piano, great feel to the songs, top pads and strings...
Just brilliant as always m8.

Fear 2 Stop®

Decimate is awesome...would work very well in a soundtrack for a game from the Sega Genesis era, although the sound quality is much better than a 16-bit game. Would make great boss music!

Parallels is absolutely beautiful. Great understated beat (although I think the hi-hats should be panned 50% left/right rather than in the center) but this sounds epic.

Great work on both
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Cheers very much to Eddy n F2S. Thanks alot for your kind words guys.

@F2S - Yeah mate I think Decimate could be really cool boss battle music.
           On Parallels I'm sure I panned the hats but it like I do in most of my other tracks but it sounds like it got messed up in the
           recording...oh wait I might have normalised it in audacity to keep it all level as possible lol duh...there we go.