Hyperion Blue - DJ Gift (Breaks/Breakbeat Funk)

Started by ArcaneFuture, June 28, 2011, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcaneFuture

Another track from my (forthcoming) second album - this time on a more funky tip. Comments invited as always.

http://soundcloud.com/arcanefuture/hyperion-blue
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

www.soundcloud.com/arcanefuture

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

like wat knowlesy said, i can definitely hear that 80's sound in this track.  luv the bass line, sfx, and (of course) drumwork (u can pretty much tell that im a big fan of u drumwork...i'll just point out other elements in ur tracks that i really luv for now on cuz im starting to sound hella repetitive lol).  great work arcane.

ArcaneFuture

Cheers, man; I'd say your repetition is virtue though!  :D
I guess I would have to admit to certain amount of '80s influence - after all I was first into pop music in 1987 when I was 13 (will be a bloody pensioner soon!).
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

Coordman

Man, this tune takes me back. This is straight out of Sega Genesis greatest hits. Love what you've done with the drums. Starts out sorta low key, then boom, straight up front. Love it. This would have fit nicely in the soundtrack to an Earthworm Jim game. (You know, one of the more serious songs)  ;)
Never sweat the petty things and never pet the sweaty things. -George Carlin

Fear 2 Stop®

...pretty much covered everything I wanted to say...really good job.

I agree about the Sega Genesis...for some reason I was thinking Toe Jam & Earl!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Coordman

Quote from: Fear 2 Stop® on July 03, 2011, 12:22:30 AM
...pretty much covered everything I wanted to say...really good job.

I agree about the Sega Genesis...for some reason I was thinking Toe Jam & Earl!

DUDE! I almost said that instead of Earthworm Jim, but the I didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about! XD
Never sweat the petty things and never pet the sweaty things. -George Carlin

ArcaneFuture

Thanks guys!  :D
Never have played Earthworm Jim or Toejam & Earl, though. Nearest I got to a Sega was a mate's Megadrive at Uni playing Sonic and basketball. (I was a Commodore Amiga addict, and on reflection I think T&E might have been released for the Amiga, but it must have passed me by.)
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture