Wave of Music 2000/MTVMG haters A.K.A FL Studio Freaks on Youtube

Started by DJ Omnimaga, July 02, 2008, 06:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Quote from: JCW on August 24, 2009, 08:37:08 PM
LOL no it wasn't on second thoughts.. your post just reminded me of this weird tech demo on PSX where this T-Rex walked along and you pushed a button to open his mouth or something, it was a black background and there was this weird music. If anyone knows what I'm talking about then cool. Lol.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. There was also manta-ray one, the music was this beautiful piano melody....... memories...........

Manta-ray

T-Rex

:)

Not a Number

How peculiar... the music in that actually sounds like it was produced in the MUSIC series.

Sacred Virgo

lol, you're right NaN!!!

Manta-Ray: whales sample, piano c5, glass bass + something like high freq pad at very low volume, hi strings... ;D ;D ;D

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Quote from: JohnP on August 24, 2009, 09:42:48 PM
does the fact it says 1994 not worry anyone else? god i'm gettin old!

Nah, it means we have our history - we have a "classic" period in our lives. Just as you have classic Dance/Trance/House music and so on. We too, are classic :)

Sacred Virgo

rofl! it's almost embarassing! we're babbling like old men about good ol' times!

RSCONCEPTIONS©

I meant it in a good way :P attributing the word "classic" to a style of music is never seen in a bad way, so why should it when it comes to people?

jcw

Yes!!! There it is, wow I never thought I'd see that blasted T-Rex again :D

I turned 22 last Monday. :)

quade77

happy birthday for last monday mate,

anyways,, your all a bunch of pups ;) lol 32 going on 21 here :)

Fear 2 Stop®

Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Fear 2 Stop®

Holy crap...I just realized that most of the members here were tweens or the very oldest teens when the first in the Music/Music Generator series came out.

I'm too f*ckin' old, man!

lol
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

RSCONCEPTIONS©

I was 12 when Music came out...... wow. I still remember reading about it in a PlayStation magazine, then playing the demo of it, and then dad coming home with the full version for me. Wow.
:D

Sacred Virgo

Quote from: rikki-inside on August 25, 2009, 10:01:49 AM
I was 12 when Music came out...... wow. I still remember reading about it in a PlayStation magazine, then playing the demo of it, and then dad coming home with the full version for me. Wow.
:D

that demo!!! it blew me away!!! it all began with that...i remember i thought "i could never get tired of this!" ..and i was right!

Not a Number

To answer the previous question, 20.

As for history, I got Music 2000 back in 2000/2001 with my PlayStation. Who'd've thought I'd be using the exact same disc this very day?

The really weird thing is, I knew someone from secondary school (2003-2004) who used to use Music 2000 as well; in fact I still have one of his mixes on my Memory Card (essentially it was a remix of the default track Rocket Science but with some differences..)

Not a Number

Tried it. Found it a lot trickier than M2K. Only time I used it to produce a song was to see notes in a MIDI file.

RSCONCEPTIONS©

I agree it probably is (one of) the next-steps in the "progression" line. I do not wish to sound patronising to those who stay on M2k, because as I have said before - it's not what you have, it's how you use it. I am not saying that any tunes made on M2k will be crap compared to FL, but I think it is the next step up because, as JohnP says, it is more reliable, more user friendly, and there is just simply more to do on it. More things at your fingertips to play with, more opportunities for sound production, more variety - it is more flexible

But still, it's easy to get the hang of · it can look pretty and colourful as M2k does (especially as you can apply your own background) whereas some production programs can look dull · it can function as easily or as complex as you want it to. You can choose to just use samples, or you can explore the effects, synths etc.

Master Dutch

I used FL for a year and went back to MG2000 PC. I don't think Fruity Loops works that well for crate diggers. Maybe one day I'll break down and buy an MPC2000xl. Until then is MTVMG for thegreendutch

Master Dutch

^...Crate Diggers are most likely people who look thru old records or old music to find a loop or sample to use on a track...I found it really difficult to get the chops right on FL than on M2000pc.