Youtube-Link "The way I am"

Started by Symphony, September 14, 2008, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphony

Heyo,

I had put this on youtube some time ago and now I want to know what u think about it :D

The track was created throughout a statement of a former classmate, he was like "oh ps2 programme is shit, u can never create music like we hear in radio with it".
So dante and me tried to convince him from the opposite by trying to create the relatively modern rap track "The way I am" made by a well known artist called eminem. Our goal was to let it sound the similiar as possible to the original without using too many recorded samples. In the end the only recorded sample was the chimes  ;D

I know that the first bassline has the wrong timing and that the chorus is normally backed by the above mentioned chimes, but it was impossible to record or edit the first chimes so that they sound like the ones in the original chorus, that's why we used a sample of the game there.

Created with the MTVMG2, a "making-off" video can be found too^^ I wish happy re-creating  ;)

"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~

DJ_Omnimaga

nice song :), I hate when people judge a program before even trying to use it properly. I mean, if you check the Music 2000 help section on the forums I uploaded a video where I start making a trance song. Within the first 22 minutes I get the main melody, string pad, bass string pad, bass lines, percussions loops and a snare roll done and I'm not even using premade riffs. I even manage to play with note parameters/riff settings through the entire time

Casper AudioGhost

omg!!!!!thus is ingenious,spot on a perfect karaoke track.keep fighting ignorance with straight knowledge.great work:)
                                                                                  casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

JCW

Amazing work! Sounds just like the original, always liked this song when he released it.

dante

;D Hey thats quiet time ago. But I remember us sitting there and always tryin to make it sound perfect. That was pretty cool.
But in the end making own songs is much more fun. And always telling you "hmm... thats nice - thats crap".  ;)
I remember you having that strange melodys and tryin to find some fitting beat :D that was pretty funny.
And just hear him rapping, he got some nice lyrics (even the police once listened them in a very "special" case)

So hope to hear some beats again Symphony
till then - c ya

Beoulve

wow, that's really good. and a great point you are proving with this one. the mtvmg software is capable of great things!

Symphony

thx  :)

Yea, there is nearly no limit, you can reach the music of top producers in every genre, style and melodic way. All with the Music/MTVMG series!   
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~

Not a Number

Dude. You couldn't tell if this was the real thing or not unless this video was being played. :)

Great job (even though hip-hop's not my thing)

Master Dutch

.:DJ Droppin:.

That was awesome... I was waiting for Eminem to start rapping at any moment. Top notch  ;D
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin