MindMeld

Started by J-MACHine, August 08, 2009, 09:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Well, after the postal strike subsided, my adapter finally arived and, after much deliberation and messing with recording imputs and what have you, i finally got the first 5 tracks of my album, "This is Who i Am" recorded! As you can guess from the name, it more-or-less is a musical document to ideologies, opinions, and little quirks that i have.
(Note that i will update these threads when i have Album Art to post; I haven't had any time to get some proper drawing done the last couple of days.)

MindMeld is more or less a case of "Exaclty What it Says on the Tin" in terms of theme; My mind is a clusterfuck of various things that you will require an instruction manual to navigate. And that doubles as a posetive or a negative, depending on who you ask. Thus, i tried to keep it somewhat 'unusual'. Hence some of the background effects, and the bassline used in the chorus and one of the verses. I think this is also one of the few times i used "Full Monty", too. Damn things such a pain to use, for me.

Normally, i tend to do Trip Hop, rather then Hip Hop, but i felt like taking a stab at Hip Hop. It... sort of turned out as more Progressive/ Alternative Hip Hop, but, hey, it works regardless.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I really must remember to keep attatching files. Either that, or stop posting when i'm half asleep and doubley as forgetful...
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

DJ Ryznup

Cool intro, nice melody, and really like the sythesized bass that you have in this track.

Not too familar with "Full Monty", What kind of sample is that?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

J-MACHine

I belive it's just one word, but it's in the Pad section. Can't remember weather it's Hardsynth or Softsynth off the top of my head, though. To clarify, it's the sample used for the main melody.

Glad to know you like the track, though! Especially glad you liked the Bassline. I wasn't sure if other people would enjoy it quite as much as i do, heh.

Sacred Virgo

i guess what you have here is a combination of sizzle sweep, full monty, one of the vowel samples and pulse width (i may be wrong as i haven't checked them, this is just what i can recall right now). you're right the full monty as well as other weird samples like the vowels make you feel uncomfortable about using them in a song. being able of including such odd samples in a song is a remarkable thing. cool dark sound. oh, stinger too?

J-MACHine

To be honest, my memory is very selective with certain things, and, usually, in the case of what samples i use,. i'm incrediblly forgetful. Although i know you're definetly spot on with Sizzle Sweep and one of the Vowel samples. I remember merging something with Sizzle Sweep, but i forgot what it is.
It's not so much that i feel uncomfortable using strange samples. On the contrary, i relish it. If it puts things into perspective, i'm an Aphex Twin fan. Using the vowels are never a problem to use if i can make them fit. Full Monty is a pain because it's hard to match it up with a tune, given how it sounds. I would have fleshed out the melody a little more if not for that reason alone. The intentionally strange sounds where intended, originally, only to be used in the intro, the ending, and the Bridges at the end of each Chorus. Considering nothing was working from a melodic standpoint with Full Monty, i compensated by changing the tone of the tune, and juggled over which strange sample was used where. And i might have used Stinger somewhere.

And thanks, Shellshaka! I'm glad you liked it!