[HIP HOP/BIG BEAT] Hardman Walking (DEMO)

Started by J-MACHine, July 12, 2010, 05:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Just a rough, quick demo this time around, just to tantelize your tastebuds a bit. It's something that's going to be in the Mother 3.5 project i'm a part of, when it's finished. It's one of the first in a line of songs that purposfully uses a sampled beat as a reference, rather then due to a lack of creativity, general laziness, or just for the sake of it.
And seeing as it's not the usual Funky Drummer/Amen Break sample (though those will come in due time), if anyone can tell me where the central drum sample comes from- in spite of the fact that i've added in a couple of layers of custom percussion to add a lil' meat to the beat (albiet they're panned to the side and a bit quieter then the sample, on purpose)- then if i had a hat, it would be off to you. XD
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Master Dutch

The song from Black Box - Everybody or maybe from a group Soul 2 Soul. That drum was used a lot in the early 90's

I like your track it kind of puts a dark twist on some old school underground hiphop pretty cool J. I look forward to your new tracks.

J-MACHine

I'm not sure if iit's the original source it came from (and judging by how different the drums were from the rest of the tracks done by the group, i don't think so), i actually sampled the drums from the Stone Roses song Fools Gold.

I got the idea to use the sample from two different places; first, there was the DMC song that sampled it, 'Whats it All About?' ( ), and- the more obvious source of inspiration- the Boss theme from the Japanese/European versions of Sonic CD ( ).

Master Dutch

oh shit dude thats right I remember that Ian Brown track....Matter of fact that song got me into his music back in the early part of 2000

ok dude now I got the original for ya...

Bobby Byrd-Hot Pants

lol...I love digging for samples....

J-MACHine

DAMN, i'm so shocked i didn't notice that, seeing as i've actually got that song myself (on the same GTA album, no less)!

Master Dutch

Lock Stock and two smoking barrels movie too!