Another Chance

Started by pillagemyvillage, January 11, 2008, 02:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

quite chilled trance...
i made this track in around 6 hours. ive used vocals which is rare for me as the selection available is rubbish to say the least! not sure if i like it, i think i do...
anyway i hope you like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ex19wh2yuxx

147 crew

Woah 69 mb- vocals are well dodgy on MUSIC, real shame..sounds really good..which programme you using?? Haven't listened to any trance since the peak of faithless etc, like this a lot, tune I could definitely dance to after a couple of pints..great sounds!! I remember when I first turned on MUSIC3000 and saw the screen going vertical, I was scared, glad it had the function to change it horizontal..shame I still can't use it properly..GREAT TUNE!!

pillagemyvillage

im using mtv music generator 2 which is the next one up from music 2000. the vertical scrolling was very confusing at first as i had used music 2000 for 3 years. i also have music 3000 but i find it hard to use and it crashes alot! i stick with mtvmg2 because its the same samples as music 2000 but a few added.
as for the vocals i was determined to add some! i know their crap but vocals add so much to a tune... thanks for the comment!

147 crew

Yeah I know what you mean, vocals just seem to make it smoother, I try to find good samples from tunes, just got hold of a copy of Brownstones "if you love me" vocals only, gonna try and lift something from that, your tune is LOVIN!!

DJ_Omnimaga

wow I love that track, i generally am more into club trance than deep trance but this one have awesome melody

Please make more like this ^^

glad you still do MUSCI stuff btw :)

pillagemyvillage

yeah had a bit of a lull for a while i was trying a few tracks on music 3000 but nothing happened so i went back to mtvmg2 and it seemed easier! thats what i like about music 2000 and mtvmg2. in a matter of hours you can make a track. with music 3000 it takes much longer and can become frustrating especially when it crashes!
lots more tunes in the pipeline!  

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah music 2000/mtvmg2 are so easy and quick for making songs, especially 2000 with the better controls

DJ_Omnimaga

I cant stop listening to this song. ;.;

pillagemyvillage

thanks alot! not sure about the lyrics now... i reckon its better off without them...
i guess i got too excited with the vocals as i never really add them to any of my tracks!  

DJ_Omnimaga

well i like them, but even without them i think the song would be fine :)

KalsolarUK

Quite a big download...but a great tune! Excellent stuff.

Kal

pillagemyvillage

thanks alot! its a shame the file size is so big, i would much prefer to upload on here straight away rather than going elsewhere..!

DJ_Omnimaga

Well, you can always download Audacity on audacity.sourceforge.net and rip off the sound from the videos using recording tools. You can save as mp3 with this

Gruvenheimer

Is that seriously how PS MTV runs when it is playing back?? The PC vershin goes from left to right.  :lol: I think I would have a seizure trying to work with that (not disrespect, just coz I am used to the other way)... WOW. That is different.

So dude, this is an excellent track. Good sound quality, nice mixing job, smooth blending. You are really good. I am impressed.  B)
Yours in the Beat,
-Gruvenheimer
[/i]

DJ_Omnimaga

Oh this is MTV Music Generator 2, not the first one. I don't like how it scrolls vertically personally tho, but it has more channels and more sounds. MTVMG1 for Playstation is almost like PC version but with only 24 channels. I actually use the PS version btw

pillagemyvillage

yeah mtvmg2 has vertical scrolling which many people have said is very confusing!
i used music2000 for 4-5 years so when i started to use mtvmg2 it was a nightmare!
im now used to it though so i reckon if i switched back to music2000 i would probably find it quite difficult!
stick to what youre used to i guess!  :lol:

in relation to the track... thanks!
seriously regretting the vocals though!!
im currently making a re-edit without the vocals!