Sidewinder 2008 DnB- In my top 12

Started by 147 crew, February 16, 2008, 09:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

147 crew

TITLE- Sidewinder (Original) + Sidewinder (Stereo attempt)
AUTHOR- 147 crew
FILETYPE- youtube link
PROGRAMME USED- MUSIC2000
DESCRIPTION- Back to the usual 178bpm for this DnB synth inspired mashup, tried out some new samples and some old in what I think is a pretty decent sounding tune, after finally noticing the topic about getting your samples in stereo, I tried to re-write what I had already into a better sounding tune. Unfortunately I couldn't change all of what I had due my screen being totally full, so some samples are enhanced mainly the background synths and tinker bell melody..the original version is what I had in the first place, no changes at all..

The second edition is slightly altered to fit in the cloned riffs, normally I have most of my bass and beats in 2 channels so having them in 4 proved difficult in more ways than 1. Distortion, overwriting sounds etc..but here is the stereo version

The melody sounds different aswell, mainly as I tend to alter the note sample start quite a lot, as you have to have one sample starting from the start I had a bit of difficulty with the technique, but, all future tunes I write will incorporate this method..hopefully!!?? Please leave comments as to what you think as feedback is always appreciated..CHEERS LOTS!!

SCROLL DOWN FOR DOWNLOADS- MP3'S AVAILABLE

DJ_Omnimaga

Problemo: Youtube convert the entire sound back to mono :blink:

so to hear the stereo you will need to upload it in mp3 there or savefile :(

EDIT: wow the melody after 3:00 reminds me some songs in Secret Of Mana for the SNES I like the chord progression in the song :)

EDIT 2:  :blink: Holy crap lol, I just noticed your post count is the same than your nickname

147 crew

thats the vid I watched to get the sound in stereo on youtube, maybe I did the first part converted to FLV but missed something along the way?

Darn 148 now..LOL

thanks for the comment

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah it's still mono. I can notice a slight difference tho, but no stereo sound :(

147 crew

cool, will upload tomorrow, finally got some decent shifts at work so I can have some time to myself..YAY!!

pillagemyvillage

this is the sort of dnb i prefer. i dont like many dnb tracks that are just drumloops and bass (although it does depend on how good the bass line is!).
i prefer the pendulum or high contrast type of dnb.
this track is awesome. great melody and a really good feel. love it when it kicks!
easily something you would hear on radio 1's in new music we trust.

147 crew

Thankyou very much, I'm trying to be more patient in writing now and spending more than one sitting on a tune, the 1st one I made didn't include the first drum loop or snare so I think taking a little more time is definitely worth while..as long as the BASS rocks the room i'm happy, in saying that I have to write all my tunes with headphones now as to not wake the baby..DnB seems to sooth him but my GF doesn't appreciate it at gone 10pm :( Hard to get the real feel of a tune through headphones! In the process of another beat inspired tune written off the back of this one, will be uploading mp3's soon of sidewinder and the new tune also..maybe i'll send it into radio1??!! haha

Still searching for good strings though :(

DJ_Omnimaga

The stereo version is still mono  :blink:

What software do you use to record your music? Idk but you may be using a bad software or misconfigured it. Make sure the sound file have two sound channel in your sound editor

147 crew

I'll have to play around with it, the avi converter I use has the 2 channel stereo setting which is on..but I normally just play it through my stereo then record with audacity, save as mp3 then upload!? But I tried yr stereo sample idea with MUSIC2000 and thats what I meant for the tune, the samples in stereo..?? Maybe??

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah Idk why it converts back to mono. You may have set up something so it converts to mono or something, idk x.x

147 crew

I'll keep trying, I use cam studio for the vids then compress the file to save time uploading, maybe i'll try it without compressing, might work?? just have to wait an age for the upload..files are like 250 mb +

1-5 mins per MB!!