STARWOOSH

Started by pillagemyvillage, February 26, 2008, 09:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

this track is shorter than my usual 7-8 mins and much more breezy!
made it in around 5 hours.
the title is from one of the samples from mtvmg2! its a great name so i thought id give this tune the same name. (a great sample by the way!)
i like how this tune developed... i had an idea for melody one night and then the rest fitted around that!
the results are quite pleasing!  :D

ENJOY!   :)

147 crew

Haven't listened to the tune yet..but I will, got lost last time in all the links..arghh..but I was wondering what do you think is best, writing melody then fitting in percussion or percussion then melody? Sounds wierd I know to write the percussion first but I have done this for a couple of my latest tracks and its worked quite well..I guess with DnB a good melody is key and the percussion just needs a good rhythm, just wondered what you thought..ta muchly  :unsure:  

DJ_Omnimaga

wow at first I thought there was a problem with the kick bass and I was gonna suggest to increase its volume, but then it suddently started stomping and I had my headphones very loud XD I love the melody into this, pretty euphoric. Nice job as always. This will sure be a good addition to the next mix :)

pillagemyvillage

thanks! i like this tune its nice and breezy and not to heavy!
i love euphoia!
would love to hear it in the next mix!

147 crew...
i always write the melody first!  :lol:
i make the main structure and then when happy with it, leave it and proceed onto making the percussion and bass, hook etc.
when i reach the breakdown (the most important part of all my music) i take the melody and then create new ideas around it.
sometimes the melody changes altogether. i have scrapped a melody before because when building around it i have discovered a better melody!
ive had little success making percussion first. i always get to the beakdown point and have no ideas! thats why i make the melody first. it gives my track direction!

147 crew

Yeah I guess so, when I was creating Saigon I had 2 mins of just percussion,(the first 2 mins in original version,) it sounded cool with no melody as the toms and hats have emotion, maybe just played loud it sounded cool, then stumbled upon melody and added it at the start and went from there, maybe changed the notes slightly but kept it pretty much the same,(I just make my tunes off the cuff)..guess I have a lot to learn!! Especially with breakdown, I don't think my tunes have enough..thanks for the help though, appreciated.

pillagemyvillage

i always make my tunes of the cuff! the tune turns out pretty much the same as my mood.
i always stumble upon my melodies! i start with the basics and always use synstring!
it has a nice crisp sound.
i suppose you dont need too much of a breakdown with dnb... however whenever i make music i always have a big ol breakdown even if im producing dnb!
i think with your melody potential you should make more! your melodies are always excellent     :D  

147 crew

Cheers buddy, are you gonna add a vid for this tune?? My latest tune Blazing...REMIX has a nice bit nr the beginning..

S L O W

Yay back from work now.. now you have audacity are you gonna start adding mp3 versions? The reason I ask is because my comp is downloading .1 every 2 seconds  :angry: it's crap you see, need a new one

Just waiting for download, my stereo is old but the output is 130watts per channel so it kicks very nicely with extra subwoofers too!! So I am gonna try and do more breakdowns in my tunes, but with my tunes only being 5 mins due to the videos I kinda forget..I used to add funky bits and variations of beats, but the samples are sometimes hard to use..still waiting.. :( Darn, my baby goes to bed at 9:30pm It is now 9:30 gonna have to be headphones, only 53%

<~~~~ Crying

pillagemyvillage

hmmm a vid... ive never thought of adding one... maybe i should!
what did you think of the tune?

147 crew

I must confess I haven't listened yet, but I will edit this post soon with a response..forgive me :rolleyes:    

pillagemyvillage

no worries! when you do listen... turn it up and hug your speakers!!  :lol:  

147 crew

So on 95% now only taken me 25 mins, WOW

Anything with STAR followed by W I love.. STARWARS,STARWHORES,but yes STARWOOSH is the ONE..MEGA BEAT initially then that BASS is just killing me, proper tune..So I can't hug my speakers but i'm pressing the headphones against my ears..if poss I reckon you should steal the melody from DJ SAKIN- protect your mind the Braveheart theme, would love to hear your take on it..

Have to say I like the first part the best, when that BASS changes, EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!! Write more DnB too

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

5 smiley faces

pillagemyvillage

lol dj sakin is a legend!!?  :lol:
i need to convert my tunes to mp3 because maybe waiting for 25 minutes to upload the track is a little much!
ive asked for a step by step idiots guide on here so hopefully after reading that i can get cracking!
i havent made any dnb for a while...
my last one was when a 'gladiator steps into the arena' on youtube.
it has massive subs!!

i really like this tune its got a great feel to it. i also like the bass change... great  bass, loads of layers!

147 crew

You like DJ Sakin? I don't really remember I just stumbled upon that Braveheart remix,  maybe I remember 1 other track He/She made, lol.. I think it would be a cool tune though..

mp3 would be cool, 87mb hurts me badly.. more dnb!! Does anyone else on the site actually write dnb, I dunno..I mean dnb over 170bpm I like all sorts but be nice to hear what sort of MUSIC can be produced with these programmes

147 crew

Yeah those subs in the gladiator tune are rather tasty I must say

pillagemyvillage

hell no i dont like dj sakin!! lange was the only reason that tune 'for the love of a princess' was in anyway good (he remixed it!).
hmmm dnb... seipher and yourself are the only guys ive heard with dnb.
i rarely write it... i have to be in the mood and get lucky with samples!
i guess it would be similar to you writing trance!?
dont worry i will write one soon... im a big fan of dnb so maybe its time again!
you will be the first to know!  :D  

147 crew

A word I frequently use when I get good news- YOI!!

lol DJ Sakin

pillagemyvillage

lol! what does YOI mean?

pillagemyvillage

lol! didnt even know that word existed!
well just so you know... world communication is... YOI!!

i feel we have digressed somewhat... lol!  :lol:  

ImL

:blink: seriously digging this track. it's got that BIG SPACE feeling and did i crank up the volume? Hell yeah. my kids said 'shut up!  I said 'no, you shut up' haha
no, made that bit up
STARWOOSH rocks... hell man, you rock