Spirit of Trance

Started by jaz8521, September 16, 2008, 08:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaz8521

I hope i've figured this out properly  ;D  If so, this is the very first track i ever made called Spirit of Trance.  It was done on the PS1 using Music.  I can't remember what year i made it, but Music had just been released.

I've got about 5 more on my pc, but i'll see what kind of response i get before i upload them  ::) and If i can figure out how to get stuff from my PS2 memory card to my PC i'll be able to upload more.

Any thoughts, critisisms are welcome.  Just remember i am an amateur  ;D

Enjoy  8)

Casper AudioGhost

welcome to the forum :)very cool track dude,nice use of strings cool arpeggios too:)keep up the good work bro                               casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

quade77

good tune mate, like the main melody and the idea, think the ending was very clever indeed, like a nice crescendo of sounds to bring us out the tune, if i could be so kind to give you some Constructive help,

if this was my tune i would try blending the sounds a little better, like having the sounds creep in rather than blast in, mostly with the string work tho,  adding more percussion to the main kick drum like a hand clap or a snare drum on every second beat, to break it up a little, maybe louder high hats would be nice, not sure what you are using ? but im guessing MTVMG2 or music 2000, if so i strongly advise you to use the SPACE effects settings to give you more reverberant sound or delay, this will make you tune sound much more trancy :) but on the whole this was pretty good man , well done.

hope you upload some more, and try them effects and see what happens  ;D good luck jaz, quade

pillagemyvillage

i love the melody in this. it reminds me of late 90's trance. i reckon a little reverb and maybe putting the main melody in a breakdown would be cool. still, nice unique melody and nice string work. good work!  :)

DarkBliss

Excellent melodies, love the strings in this, yeah, maybe add a little reverb Jaz, but overall a very good tune.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

jaz8521

Thx for the comments guys, sorry it's a late reply, but my partner and i have just had a baby boy  ;D.

It's nice to share this tune with other people for once.  As i said, this was the first tune i ever done, back in 97 or something.  I've never changed it, as it's a reminder of how i got started  :D

I've got a few others which i might post, i'm not sure if they are up to the standard i've heard here.  But i have some on my PS2 memory card which i'd love to post, but i don't know how to get them from my PS2 memory card onto my PC.

Oh, and thx for the tips Quade, i'll try to incorporate them into my next tune  ;)