The Scientist (Teabags for Teapots Remix)

Started by Teabags, September 14, 2008, 11:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teabags

The first of 3 songs I made approximately 5 years ago now, a "remix" of The Scientist by Coldplay. Apologies in advance for the poor quality, it was recorded from my TV using line-in recording and I clearly made a mess of it.

By the way, let me know if I've got the genre completely wrong, I don't like to be tied down my genres, so I don't particularly follow what's what.
So many ideas, so little time.

pillagemyvillage

nice tune tea bags (love the name!)
i think some of the piano is slightly out of key. only at the beginning mind, the rest is spot on.
love the experimental vibe and ive never heard that many lyrics in one song on here!

Teabags

You're right, I'm not happy with the key, I think it was simply guesswork when I made it.

Pillagemyvillage is a decent user name too, although I've heard from metal fans that that is an overused rhyme in metal songs, not that I would know.  ;D

pillagemyvillage

i like the remix in this track. i think that maybe a dnb remix of the scientist would be cool maybe in a similar style to 'pillagemyvillage' in the dnb section. i will look up the chords and maybe give it a go!
there is only one tiny bit of the piano that is out of key here. if you fixed it and removed some of the lyrics and added a bit more percussion and bass i reckon you would have a cracking remix.

Teabags

It's a bit of a pain in the neck to change, that would involve setting up my Playstation again, my PS2 won't play PS1 games. Plus, I've bought a PC copy of Music 2000 now. Don't know how much time I'll have to make music actually, I hate stopping half way through making a track (which I do on weekdays cos I'm at work), so I have to commit weekends to it. But trust me, I'll get something up soon  8)

.:DJ Droppin:.

:) You have a really good main melody here with your created piano riffs...
The beat is structured nicely also.
I am never one to criticize, but the vocals are a tad too loud. Perhaps add some echo/reverb to them.
:D You have something really good with your piano work.... Feed off of that. Perhaps don't use so many vocals as they can be out of place given how cruddy the vocal samples are on MTVMG1.
Look forward to your future work..

Welcome to the Forum.  ;D
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

victorcreed

I can see what Bass Launch means by the vocals being too loud, and the female's were off a few times, but I like the instrumental arrangement. This almost even felt like an intro track to an album, as well.

I'd definitely like to see what else you got.
\\\"Creasy\\\'s art is death. He\\\'s about to paint his masterpiece.\\\"<br /><br />http://www.myspace.com/victorcreed

DarkBliss

I love the scientist and so was very eager to hear your take on it, the piano is spot on apart from the first few notes (or was this intentional, given the nature of the remix?) and yeah, perhaps there were too many vocal samples, but all in all there are some very nice ideas here and definitely a style you can work from.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

DJ_Omnimaga

i like the style. Maybe a bassline to give it a dnb feel would be cool, or maybe something like in Bass Launch song