Beware...don't buy things from Circuit City

Started by Fear 2 Stop®, March 01, 2009, 06:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear 2 Stop®

Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ Ryznup

Thanks, I was planning on going there soon to take advantage of the sale. If I were to pay a couple hundred dollars on something(or even 50 bucks), only to find it damaged when I got it home, with no way of getting a refund, I would be more than a little mad. I probably won't go anywhere near Circuit City at all now, because I don't want to take the chance of getting shot when someone goes postal on one of these stores. I don't doubt it would happen either, especially with them ripping some people off by selling them busted up merchandise for over a thousand dollars, when the trash probably isn't even worth 5 dollars.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

JCW

Oh my god, guess someone was pissed off with the liquidation. I'm stunned dudes.

Fear 2 Stop®

Sadly, I was planning on buying a whole bunch of stuff there. I was actually on my way out the door when I went online first. Good thing I did, too...
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ_Omnimaga

Wow this sucks, over here the canadian division of Circuit (called "The Source, By Circuit City") isn't doing to well either and I heard there are big chances that they may fill for bankruptcy, too. I liked The Source because Radio Shack prices were too high and when Circuit City bought most canadian Radio Shack stores stuff was much cheaper (except wires and adapters, which jumped in price). During and after Christmas they did a huge 70% rebate sale on many stuff and it lasted almost one month, then it stopped, so I took advantage of deals and had no problems, but now they started another firesale and seeing this makes me a bit worried. If I hear that The Source is going to close, too, I'm gonna inspect the stuff very carefully before buying it. If the package allow it and I can't see from outside, I'm gonna try to open it if the store is crowded or clerks busy to see inside. Else, I'm gonna be very careful if I hear that it's an out of business sale. This could happen anytime soon, because small stores are starting closing one after another over here. Quebec city on the other side of the river is still fine, because the province national assembly is there, as well as a lot of offices and there are a lot of building projects underway, so most people barely have any chance to lose their jobs, meaning the stores still run fine because people still got money. In fact, the unemployment rate is like 4% there, I think, while in Montreal it's like 8%

Now that makes me wish Radio Shack was still around, because now we may no longer have wire store nearby, except Staples, which doesn't have all kind of adapters, same for Sears, Wal Mart and Zellers. Maybe Radio Shack will retake the old stores that got renamed over here, though.

netham45

I've purchased a laptop, 2 battery backups, a guitar hero guitar, and a TV tuner from circuit city, and I've had no issues, but then again, I guess it's just luck of the draw.

DJ_Omnimaga

Ok, Bell Canada is in the process of buying the canadian division of Circuit City, The Source. In other words, no bankruptcy for the canadian stores... at least... for now.

Master Dutch

circuit city has pissed my off numerous times. Mainly the employees didn't know shite from a hole in the wall. Radio Shack used to be a great store to pick up electronic supplies and stuff but now they hire chicks who spend all day on the phone only to ask you do you need any help and give you the sorry I dont know anything about that spiel..