History behind your username/artist name?

Started by BlondeJustice, August 26, 2009, 08:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlondeJustice

Does anyone have a history behind their username?

I used another moniker as my artist name for such a long time but after a bitter experience with a long time friend ended up changing my artist name, as I wanted a fresh start - hence Blonde Justice.

I'm interested in the little details about other people's usernames/artist names, their reasons for being. I just like little details like that. :)

jcw

We had this topic a while ago Blonde lol. For the record JCW are my initials. It's not however the only artist name I use though.... ;) More on the old topic:

http://www.mtv-music-generator.com/index.php?topic=1416.0

Sacred Virgo

Sacred Virgo

:P i added you on yt some time ago..didn't you notice that?

Sacred Virgo

nope. youtube. i sent you a friend request some weeks ago

DarkBliss

To be honest I can`t even remember when or why I decided on DarkBliss, I must have been "drunk" when I settled on it.

I quite like it now although I`m considering going by a different name when I finally get started on Ableton.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

DJ_Omnimaga

Well, OMnimaga started as some logo I used in video games I created myself (both on PC and TI-83), starting on September 1st 2001. My avatar is actually the first logo I ever used (altough bigger). Omnimaga was a made-up word with Omni prefix and magic. I wanted to go with Ultima (Final fantasy magic spell name) and Magic at first, but finally decided to go with Omni Magic, then  made the word Omnimaga.

Online I went by my Kevin, Kévin, Kevin9999 and Kévin9999 as nicknames, then slowly started using the nickname "xlibman" and "omnimaga" depending of which places I visited. xLIB was a software for TI-83 that I used a lot until I stopped making games for that platform for almost 2 years. In 2007 I finally switched to DJ Omnimaga at most websites and forums, which has been my music producer name as well since then. For music production, I went with my real name + last name in 2002-2004

Fear 2 Stop®

"Fear To Stop" apparently is a lyric in a Powerman 5000 song; not my type of music, but more Raymond's. Since it was originally just him & I doing music, we called ourselves Fear 2 Stop. Then Dana joined in, making it 3 of us, but Fear 3 Stop sounds pretty stupid, so we kept the name.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

TPT

TPT is short for my stage name of Transparent Purple Theory

(I say stage name, I haven't actually been on stage yet. But hopefully soon :)

My original name was Transparent Purple Trip, because I made music on a transparent purple game boy using the Trippy-H sequencer. But that sounded a little lame, so I changed the trip to theory to try and make it sound better.

It still sounds lame, but I may as well stick with it now. Been using it for so long.

I've shortened nearly everything to TPT now just because its easier to say

jcw

I think it sounds cool TPT, always wondered about that.

Season 8

Bliss gave me my name when I wrote the lyrics for his song, hence "The Lyricist"

.:DJ Droppin:.

First off cool topic idea. Ahhh well my name is really derived from the style of music I listen to the most, and generally like to create. Bass music. Slamming low frequencies pounding your brain relentlessly. Also my nickname since about 1996 was "Droppin" Hence my other moniker DJ Droppin. That was given to me because again Bass Music and how I liked to drop the bass as MUCH AS POSSIBLE!  ;D
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Casper AudioGhost

the name audioghost of course is a reference to my real life nick casper,i got that nick in 91 before i was making music when all i had was a casio and i used to got to a shitty litte club on weekends with little lesbian mary-i called her pixie and she called me casper-it stuck then when my music got more advanced with mmg i decided on AudioGhost because i wanted to be the ghost of synthpop risen from the dead lol
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

Grebz

nickname as is my youtube name, gerbil and 1983 is the year i woz born, 4 years and im 30 ??? arrrrgh im scared :(

Sacred Virgo

Shellshaka: a mix between shellshock and my original nickname Shaka. Shaka who?? Virgo Shaka of course, from saint seiya. but artists/bands called shaka already exist, so i decided to change my name into Sacred Virgo. i prefer it so much more than shellshaka. because i like to consider most of my latest songs as sacred ones.

Not a Number

Not a Number: Taken from the opening monolgoue of The Prisoner ("I am not a number, I am a free man!")
alphaSYMBOLIC: Sort of a corruption of Not a Number; wanted to make a name that "was an opposite to 'Not a Number', but meant the same", if that made sense.

Other names I use in my music (WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD):
/0: (Cancelled album, title)
A play on words of the "Division by Zero" meme; Dividing by zero typically results in some sort of chaos - there seems to be a lot of chaos in the world, a lot of it over nothing. (another title I was going to use was "-2x/0", or "Subtract to Multiply Over Nothing")

Day One: (Proposed album, title)
Wanted a name that was a continuation of /0 (Zero, One) and as a way to signify a new "era" of Not a Number (ie. post- /0, Part 1). May not even be called "Day One"; might go under "Day Zero" - I haven't decided.

Epilogue: The Ekpyrotic Prophecy: (Possible future album, title)
Considering one upcoming song is called "Prologue: Into the Fire", I'll leave you lot guessing. ;)

The Girl You See Before The End: (Possible future album, title)
Named after a glitch in Pokémon Yellow called "", which (apparently) when encountered, appears for a brief second before freezing the game.

Smates

Well, my name comes from a Dutch sport journalist 'Mart Smeets'.
In English you pronounce 'Smeets' as 'Smates' so there you go.

When I make music my name is Keithsonic. 'Keith' from Keith Flint (Prodigy) and 'Sonic' from Sonic the Hedgehog.
It's not about what you have but what you can do with it!

RSCONCEPTIONS©

'Rikki' ∙ because it's my name.

'White Origins' ∙ reflects my spiritual beliefs. The belief that we are all made of energy - an energy that is essentially positive and spiritual - it has purpose and meaning and reason. It is white light... white energy. Everything that exists essentially originates from this same white energy. This is our White Origins. Thus the music I make is Ambient music that, at it's very basic intention, creates an opportunity for listeners to become in touch with themselves - become in touch with their White Origins. :)