Started by Not a Number, July 04, 2010, 09:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Song name: ERROR: FILE_CORRUPT
File type: mp3 (MediaFire)
Length: 5:48
Software used: Logic Pro 8
Description:

This one's another college assignment. Unfortunately, it'll be one of the last Logic-produced track you'll hear from me.. until I return to college in September, of course. ;) I don't have Logic Pro at home, so I'll be stuck with Music 2000 again for two months. (but hey, that's not to say that's a bad thing, right? ;))

On reflection, there are a few things I should've fixed with this track: For one, I do NOT recommend you hear this with sub-woofers; I didn't bother turning down the sub-bass, so if you've got a really complex sound system, sorry if all you hear "BWWWWWWWWWWWW". Two, I should've been a little more confident with the compression, despite it being really quiet, it's at peak volume. Thirdly, that kick drum sounds a little weak to me.

I'm not sure what genre you could put this under: It's got the tempo and drumming of a Drum and Bass track, but there's a real trance element creeping in behind it as well. (I can't help it - I need a melody to drive my tracks forward) (Someone in my class who listens to a lot of drum and bass said he'd put it under "Liquid", but it's not calming enough to be Liquid, in my opinion. I've put it under "Melodic Drum and Bass" myself, but I'm sure there's an official definition. :P

I should be uploading this to YouTube soon, once I find a suitable enough backdrop.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?y4dnm0m0fqj